• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I qualify for a discount

I am having difficulty accessing the list. Can you tell me if Securitas and FirstEnergy Corp. are on the list and what the percentages are for each one respectively? Thanks for your help.

Sure, no problem. BRB....

SECURITAS has an 18% discount. The list didn't show anything for FIRST ENERGY CORP. (also looked for 1st ENERGY CORP). That's not to say a discount doesn't exist. I'd suggest contacting the HR/BENEFITS dept @ FIRST ENERGY CORP & inquire regarding discounts. My employer didn't even have to look it up for any of the BIG 4,they knew the discounts by memory, as this is one of the most requested items for information.

Upvote 0
I am having difficulty accessing the list. Can you tell me if Securitas and FirstEnergy Corp. are on the list and what the percentages are for each one respectively? Thanks for your help.
Why are you having problems accessing the list? I set it up for public viewing.

Oh and welcome. :D

TS

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Do you have to wait until you renew your contract to apply a discount? Or can you apply one at any time as long as you call or send in the papers.

No waiting period is required for any reason. Typically, a visit/phone call to your local SPRINT office w/a vaild/active work e-mail address or, other form of proof of employment/group membership is all that is needed & the discount will be applied @ that time.

The discount is applied to all present & future charges & typically isn't retroactively applied to past payments, but, it wouldn't hurt to ask & see if this is possible.

Upvote 0
I'm not making as much money as I used to and Sprint keeps finding a way to charge me more. I'm literally paying $100 a month for a simple Android plan. I mean, this seems a bit ridiculous. Half of the features I'll never need like "Free Mobile to Mobile". I mean, really. What's the point of even having 450 minutes of talk time?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there's a way to cut that down.

Upvote 0
there is an analyzer function on your account page on sprint. try that and see what it tells you.

or call up CS rep and have them analyze your account to maybe offer where you can shave some bread.

if you have an HR department at your office, holler at them and ask if they offer discounts at sprint.

since we don't know where you work or what you do, its a challenge on a website to ask strangers who to help. ;)

now if you want to post up where you work then i am sure someone may be able to offer help.

some credit unions offer discounts, but that depends on the credit union. there is not online coupon or random discount for any ol' person on the internet.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
I'm not making as much money as I used to and Sprint keeps finding a way to charge me more. I'm literally paying $100 a month for a simple Android plan. I mean, this seems a bit ridiculous. Half of the features I'll never need like "Free Mobile to Mobile". I mean, really. What's the point of even having 450 minutes of talk time?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there's a way to cut that down.

Well the 450 minutes are "landline minutes". Whenever you call a landline number, whether it's toll free or not, those minutes are used. But the free mobile to mobile is essential for me or else I'd blow through those 450 minutes before the end of the month.

I'd call Sprint or walk into a corporate store and see if they have any cheaper plans available. Or possibly go the prepaid route?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
The other day I went to the Sprint store on an issue i had with my Tri_fi unit and while there I asked about my discount, it seems it was n't on there so, I asked and they gave me a form to fill out, which i faxed over that same day. the next day i get a verification email and in the email it states that

Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You recently signed up for a monthly service discount as an employee, student or member of a Sprint affiliated company, university or organization. You'll need to complete your enrollment by accepting a new two-year service agreement - an important step that's required to begin receiving discounts.

So, personally I think this is a crap since
1-no where does it state this requirement until after you send in the form and get the verify email.
2-No one told them to remove the original city employee discount and if they were to do so at least notify the customer before hand.

And if I recall, when i got the two Notes last November, I remember informing them if my discount will not be affected and was assured that it wasn't. aarrgghh

TS

So beware members.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones