• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I remove SD card

addermc

Nov 29, 2019
Houston
About to do factory reset on my ZTE Max Android, and I have a SD card being used as portable storage. Do I need to remove SD card prior to factory reset? Toyguy22 been showing me what to do but I forgot to ask about SD card, I think. Since I have absolutely NO storage available even though I've deleted 27 apps and clean caches about every 30 minutes thru out the day. So if anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it.Toyguy22,is either asleep or doing that awful thing called at work (shudder). And I'm not sure if he informed me,cause after Chemo treatment brain cells are gone (along with everything else). Thanks again.

It would be safe to remove it, but honestly, I never have, as long as the SD card is external storage.
HEY,no I'm using SD card as portable storage. All the troubles I'm having now was because the last SD card was used as internal storage and got corrupted. If I do want to go ahead and remove SD card, how do I do that? Just tap where it says eject SD card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones