1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do I take the plunge or wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by craggybuk, Apr 16, 2012.

1. craggybuk

craggybuk Member

I am planning on buying a One x to replace my Desire next week but need some final reassurances that the phone is worth having.

My initial worries were that the battery wouldn't be able to cope but after reading these forums it appears that this will behave as well as my Desire which I am more than happy with.

My main concern is now to do with the speed of the device. After reading the speed issues thread I am unsure whether the device is going to cut the mustard or not.

What should I do? Should I buy now or wait a month or so and see what fixes come along?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

It does have its issues but I would say they're minor and not a deal breaker by any means. It's certainly a massive step up from the Desire which in itself is a cracking handset.

I'd say yes.

craggybuk likes this.
  3. Rushey

Rushey Well-Known Member

I've taken the plunge - mine arrives tomorrow :)

4. vard

vard Newbie

Hey there

I have actually been quite impressed by the battery. I was worried - but coming from an aging Samsung Galaxy S1 it is in fact a huge improvement. I've been listening to music and casually browsing the web for hours and it barely makes a dent on the meter.

I used to have a HTC hero which was dire in more than one aspect, but particularly on the battery front. I'm happy to see HTC have made significant improvements across the board.

5. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Go for it, you will at least match the battery use that the Desire had, and it's a beautiful phone, you won't be disappointed.

6. shedboy79

shedboy79 Member

snap :)

7. wavemeister

wavemeister Newbie

Just took the plunge as well, should arrive Wednesday. I have loved the desire and will pass it on to my son

8. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Mine arrives tomorrow....leaving the iPhone sheep behind!!!!!

9. craggybuk

craggybuk Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have to say everyone is very positive. My mind is now made up I think.

10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

You won't be disappointed! :)

11. shedboy79

shedboy79 Member

got mine today, been charging for 4 hours so far.. cant wait to use it! how much longer should i charge it for ??

12. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

I left mine until the light went green.....i guess it was about 4 or 5 hours.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews