1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Do Iphones have restarts and glitches like Android ?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by atmasters, Dec 8, 2011.

1. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Canada B.C.
    I have never had an Iphone and am not a fan of them but was wondering with all the Iphone owners out there does the Iphone have freeze ups and shut downs like we have ? I have the Galaxy S2 and it rocks and I do not have many problems but once in awhile I get a small glitch. And was wondering if all these phones have them?

Advertisement

2. richphitzwell

richphitzwell Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    yup. on my original droid i may have had a crash like 4or 5 times in 2 yrs while my buddies with their iphones, now they are on androids were crashing what seemed like every week. im sure its whatever you have loaded on it and doing but yup iphone is no better than android...the only problem android has is so many different devises. this is a good thing but a $10 android device should not work as great as a $300 or the same price range iphone.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    My father-in-law has an iPhone and it has its share of issues. Other people I know with iPhones also have their share of complaints. All phones do certain things very well and all have their share of glitches.

4. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    they're all computers, so yes. haha

5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Of course most everyone that's a member here is going to say "yes" to this question. It's like going to a Corvette forum and asking them if Porsches are more reliable than Corvettes, or going to a NY Yankees forum and asking them if the St. Louis Cardinals are a more storied franchise.

My take is that the iPhone is going to be a bit more reliable from a software's standpoint. As far as Hardware is concerned, they're mostly all sourced from the same vendors where they can get the most reliably made components at the cheapest price.

The reason I am going to say that the iPhone is a bit more reliable in software is because they are more controlling of their OS and of what does and doesn't go into their phones. I personally don't like the level of control Apple has with the iPhone. It seems to be the complete opposite of the message they brought to market back in the 80s. That being said, I prefer the variety and the more hands-on feel I get from Android's O/S than the iPhone's. The iPhone experience feels so sterilized and lacks character, where as the Android experience feels a little more personal IMO.

I'd like to see Android remake the commercial below but paint Apple as the "system". Kind of creepy seeing all that "apple-esque off white" background. Maybe this is a message from the future warning us of Apple's "reign"?!?!

Apple - 1984 - YouTube

6. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    THERE ARE NO PERFECT DEVICES...
    the all have some issues...

my buddies iphone 4.. has locked up .. reboot itself.. and lost connections... just like mine!

7. roadkizzle

roadkizzle Member
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    There's already a similar one made.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.