1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Do not buy colored hard cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roland365, Jan 13, 2010.

1. roland365

roland365 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    it turned my hero blue...... the paint has transfered on the phone. i always have the case on so u cant see it but if u take it off its ugly.
    anyone know where i can order a new battery cover??

Advertisement

2. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    What type of case did you buy? Manufacturer?

3. wutwutman

wutwutman Active Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Social Media
    Southwest Michigan
    I bought a cheap red hard case from a kiosk in my local mall, and so far it has protected my Hero from a couple potentially bad falls. Of course now the case is kinda dinged up, but my phone is still pristine! Good $20 investment IMO.

a.don.is
    - Sprint HTC Hero

4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    I'd say it would've been a good investment if the warm battery didnt melt the paint onto the phone from the case. I guess they didnt seal the paint on the case correctly or something

5. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I would think that the problem would be that they didn't use the proper paint...

It wasn't Made In China, was it? Lead based?

I was curious about paint flaking on the cases...They didn't look very...well...quality assured. So I bought the smoke clear one.

6. roland365

Nov 30, 2009
    idk...its only at some spots...its not totally covered..its at the corners and edges.
    it was from the mall kiosk 12 bux and it sucks..
    where do i get another battery cover? ive tried gojo, alcohol,soap, i even tried to scrach it off with sos pad and nothing.....wtf!

7. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    And you didn't remove the factory finish??? I'm impressed! lol.

Did you try this liquid stuff, called.... ahhh.... ummmm..... "Paint Thinner"? ;)
    If not, I would try that first. Then MAYBE stuff called Graffiti off, or something like that... BUT BE SURE to use it on a rag, then wipe slowly for a bit. Make sure it doesn't take off the Hero's finish with it...

8. roland365

Nov 30, 2009
    lol...didnt have paint thinner and didnt want to buy some just for this....i guess i should try....i wanted to put a zagg shield all over the phone so the blue makes it look nasty...if it takes off the film of the hero i think it will be ok ...ill just keep a phone cover on

still trying to get a new battery cover if anyone knows where to get one

9. egomaster

egomaster Active Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Try using finger nail polish remover. Its less abrasive than paint thiner and removed most enamels.

10. phatmamaslim

phatmamaslim Member

Jan 13, 2010
    US
    my pink cover did the same thing.. i havent tried to remove it yet though. let me kno what works. if not then i'll just make sure i keep a cover on it.

11. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Same thing happened to me with a cover. I tried alcohol, nail polish remover, purr acetone, nothing worked. You know what did? Normal use. Yes the natural oils from ur skin will take it off within a week or 2. My case was blue too. Now the marks are completely gone.

Tags: