1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do not buy g2x---screen bleed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlowellh, May 17, 2011.

1. jlowellh

jlowellh Lurker

So I just got off the phone with LG, heres what he had to say. LG knows that their is a screen leak problem and they are currently working on the problem. LG WILL NOT cover this issue under a manufacturers warranty because, it "does not effect the function of the phone" Really? I am on my second G2X and a friend is on his third and we are both having screen leak issues. I suggest that you install iDraw! to give yourself a black screen to see what I am talking about. If you are under your 14 days of purchase I suggest you return your phone and wait for the remanufacturing. LG makes the screens for Apple and this is one of the reasons why the iPhone was delayed; because Apple insisted that LG fix the problem BEFORE they would release the iPhone. Why cant LG stand behind their products as well? I wont even go into the GPS issues, who cares now... What gives LG?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

The only GPS issue is a missing gps.conf file, I fixed that and my O2X's GPS is miles better than my Nexus One.

3. jlowellh

jlowellh Lurker

How did you fix it on your G2x

4. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Just pushed gps.conf from another phone (had my N1 handy) to /system/etc

5. Soulflyer

Soulflyer Lurker

Ok, now I'm a little worried...
    I have a LG2x for 2 weeks now and have been trying all sorts of things with it.
    One of them being the GPS.
    I haven't installed any navigation software (yet...), just using the on-board Google Maps, but the GPS seems to work ok!
    What exactly does that file do?
    (by the way, in fact I DON'T have that file under /system/etc either).

Luis Sousa (Portugal)

6. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

GPS will work without it. The file speeds up locktime by grabbing info from the net.

Soulflyer likes this.

LG Optimus 2X Forum

The LG Optimus 2X release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews