1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Do not disturb broken

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geertnoordzij, Sep 14, 2017.

1. geertnoordzij

geertnoordzij Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2017
    Dear all,

A recent issue arose on my phone:

I'm always using the 'do not disturb' function which should end with my morning alarm clock.

Today suddenly my phone will not get out of the do not disturb mode. It did not switch off with my alarm (as it should). I cannot switch it off in the drop-down menu, in the ringtone menu, nor the phone settings. I can press the 'end now' button of the do not disturb mode all I want, but nothing happens.

This now results in that I can't notice it when I'm being called, or get a message...
    I've rebooted the device two times, it's fully updated. I've tried ending it with new alarms, but alas nothing.
    Next to try is a factory reset, but I kinda want to avoid that.
    Anyone with similar issues, or the answer to this annoying bug?
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. kredka

kredka Newbie
     #1,670

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    Did you tried changing DNDM ("do not disturb mode") by menu showed up after long pressing power button? How about by setting turning it off by automatic rules in settings? Check out what apps are allowed to DNDM in advanced settings - maybe there is something that has priority? This is all that comes to my mind. I have not experienced such a problem yet.

3. geertnoordzij

geertnoordzij Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2017
    Thanks! I was able to switch the DNDM off via the menu by holding the power button. No clue why this didn't work via all the other menu's.

In the advanced settings I couldn't find anything about apps having permission for the DNDM mode, neither about making rules. How can you normally access this?

4. kredka

kredka Newbie
     #1,670

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    There are two different places - both in "Sound & notification" settings menu:
    • in "Do not disturb" you can find "Automatic rules"
    • below Advanced header there is "Do Not Disturb access".
    Great that somehow I could help. I am curious if your problem still exists after setting DNDM again?