1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Do Not Disturb White List

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Annyka, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Annyka

Annyka Lurker
    None

Feb 29, 2016
    Female
    I am a first-level escalation point for an on-call rotation at work, meaning if the person who is on call does not respond to a page, then I get the next notification. This is a rare event, < 5 times a year or so.

The only option to receive these notifications is via text message, the system cannot actually call you.

Given all the beeps and boops of various notifications that happen on my phone, sleeping with it on my nightstand will only work if I can get the Do Not Disturb (DND) function to play nice with these messages.

I have the incoming sender as a contact, and I had "starred" that contact, which I presume means favorite contacts. Do Not Disturb allows me to select either favorite contacts or all contacts to be an exception to the DND.

I missed a page over the weekend, and in testing this I've discovered that neither the favorite contacts or all contacts white list allow these messages to come through.

Now, they are sent to MyCellNumber@vzwpix.com , as I have Verizon as a provider. They come through into the Message+ app, but will only trigger the message tone I've assigned to it if DND is disabled.

Is this some sort of non-standard incoming message that's not being recognized as a text by DND?

What else might I do to silence things like Facebook Messenger, Words with Friends, etc, so I'm not woken up all night, but still be able to get these notices (preferably aside from turning off all notifications for anything but texts)?

:thinking:

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.