• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area.

no one

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2010
This story is about no one in particular.

One day, several years ago, I was leaving my place of employment. Changing back into my civies. Do my make sure I got it dance.

Wallet, check.

Keys, check.

Shades, check.

Phone, phone, where's my phone?

Now I rummage through my backpack, not in there.

On top of my locker? Nope.

In my locker? Nope.

Maybe if I check my pockets again. Nope, still not there.

In my backpack,? Nope.

My locker? Nope.

Oh, it must be in my pocket, nope.

Half way through the thrid take, I realize that I am only searching with one hand.

Why, you might ask.

Because I am dumb, I've been talking on the phone the whole time.

Haven’t we all “Been there, done that?”

Expert level is when you are searching in your car for your phone...using the flashlight feature on your phone to help look under the seats.
LOL for me its my glasses. AND THEY WERE NOT ON MY HEAD, but rather i realized i was looking thru them as i search for them.....guess i need new glasses LOL

Upvote 0
I have four flashlights on the truck. Originally I had two but one semi works (I really should toss it, but I keep as back up back up:D) I got one on clearance I hardly used it until recently.
So about two weeks ago maybe three I picked a load up late at night or early morning before the sun came out, I don't recall where but it was windy and cold. So I grabbed a hoodie from the top bunk and in the process sat down my flashlight.
So I get the trailer hooked up and I go to do one final inspection before I head out
I go to grab my flashlight and it's gone
I am checking my pockets, the floor and Seats, the bed, can't find it:mad:
Okay no problem I have two others.:thumbsupdroid:
So I grabbed a spare flashlight completed the inspection and got rolling.
Later that day when I stopped for the night I spent an hour or so searching for the missing flashlight.
Nothing, over the next two weeks I searched for it, I had lost it before and eventually found it, I was certain that I would it again.
Last week I was delivering to national hardware supply store and decided since I had time I would run up and grab a flashlight.
So I bought a flashlight (haven't used it, come to think of it I am not sure where I put it:thinking:)
I had come to the conclusion that my missing flashlight was gone
And then this morning I moved a box so I could get to storage bin and sticking up in the corner of the top bunk was my missing flashlight;)
So now I have four flashlights

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
All flashlights account for;):thumbsupdroid:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200625-204435.png
    Screenshot_20200625-204435.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I absolutely hate flashlights.

If you dont need it, its in the way.
If you do need it, you cant find it.
If you can find it, the batteries are dead.
If the batteries arent dead, the bulb has burnt out.
If the bulb and batteries are good, the switch is broken.

If, by some miracle of God, you need a flashlight and can find it- and it works- you will need to set it down because whatever you need to do takes both hands.
The flashlight is round, so as soon as you set it down and aim it, then let go of it, it rolls away.

If gravity doesnt make it roll away, then you will kick it, stumble over it, or knock it down somehow while you are working.

I have had them all, from the Mag-Lite to those imbecilic Shake Light things that make you look like you should be doing that when you are alone.

None really seem to outlast the old square things that took a 6 volt battery and would float if you dropped it in water.

Used to buy Dorcy brand, and it was only about $6, came with a 6 volt battery, and an adapter that allowed you to run it off of 4 D size batteries.

I still have one of those, that I have had for many years.

Of course, I havent used it since I got my first Android.

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Like @ocnbrze , I mainly use my phone but @puppykickr makes a good point, finding a flashlight that work when you need it is virtually a miracle. :)
Although headband flashlights look really goofy, they work well while providing direct illumination where you need it. They also free up your hands to get the job done.

1248110.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like @ocnbrze , I mainly use my phone but @puppykickr makes a good point, finding a flashlight that work when you need it is virtually a miracle. :)
Although headband flashlights look really goofy, they work well while providing direct illustration where you need it. They also free up your hands to get the job done.

View attachment 151818

My ollady gave me one that clips to the visor of a ballcap.

As I have very long hair, I wear a ballcap anytime I work on anything, with my hair all up inside it.

The light uses LED bulbs, and button batteries.
It does work, but it makes the visor heavy, and then the hat doesnt want to stay put.

I also wear glasses, so the hat visor wants to lay on top of my glasses.
Not only does this make my glasses very uncomfortable, it makes them fog up in the cold. The visor also gets so low that it obstructs my vision.

I am entirely better off waiting for daylight if outdoors, or running an extention cord and a 'trouble light' to wherever I am.

Or just doing what I almost always do- pull out my phone.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones