1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do Not Use Odin on Newer Captivate: Brick!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ls2gto, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ls2gto

Ls2gto Newbie

Do not use Odin on the new captivates! It will brick your phone! If your phone has a build date of 10/10 or newer or has the JH7 version firmware do not use odin. Build date is located under the battery.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oFUNGUSo

oFUNGUSo Member

man.....so ODIN is the only method i seem to find to flash roms. if i cant use odin, what am i using?

nvm.....think i already answered my own quest

3. El Niche

El Niche Member

I'm on 2.1, whatever Att gave me. JH7. never flashed anything so far. do I need Odin? can I just flash on top of this? I thik odin takes me to JH6.

4. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast

There's a little more to this then just "No Odin for batch 1010 and above"

Batch 1010 and 1012 phones can be flashed with Odin, but NOT with Odin One-Click. These phones must be flashed using Odin3, where the process is a little more manual, with more steps involved.

Here are the instructions for flashing with Odin3:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Build number of your phone?

Again, this all depends on your phone's batch number. Just like ls2gto said, it's on a sticker under your battery. You're looking for something like 1006, 1007, 1008, 1010, 1012.

bishop92t and Dennis_Bham like this.
  5. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member

Works great with my 1012 build!

6. dr0

dr0 Lurker

Hey so like im a dumb a** / noob with the phone editing. I just got this phone was released with 2.2 froyo and i rooted it to change boot menu my phone has been acting "silly" making the web browser open when i try to use apps. Did i break my phone? LOL
    :thinking:

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews