• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do the Verizon and Motorola wizards read these forums?

kbayer

Android Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2009
Houston, Tx
If so, do you think they shake their heads in disgust that we have to change or enhance everything they do? :mad:

Or do they glow with pride, knowing that they have developed something that struck a creative chord with soooooooo many people... and that their product is something we just can't get enough of?

It just may be some of the Moto-gurus themselves who prompt and post some of the modifications and changes that get us nudged into one astonishing direction or another. I can think of several helpful members here now that I would not be a bit surprised if I found that they were co-creators and architects of the Droid.

Hats off and thanks to you, either way!

If you guys are out there reading this thread... you guys rule! :D

I've got to think that Motorola is ecstatic with the add ons and improvements. It makes their hardware more desirable and they don't have to do all the heavy lifting. Giving the platform that the Droid is competing with, I would make the Droid as open and accessible as I could get away with.

On the other hand, Verizon may not be as thrilled. They subsidize these phones and many of the "enhancements" make unauthorized use of their network, namely tethering. However, even then with the "unlimited" limit of 5Gb, they do have some limits on it. Plus if the Droid is more enticing and is only available on their network, I can't imagine that they would be too upset.

So overall I would say the latter. They obviously aren't going to warranty any of these things, but at the end of the day they care about pushing hardware and THE network.

Upvote 0
It's the same with BlackBerry. They "leak" new software updates so all the people on forums can try it out and post it back online. Here, we talk about how we make it better and they take it into consideration. The internet is free and open to anyone. It's also called Open Source software so we could really do anything we want with the original OS.

Another mention, Verizon definitely does monitor things like forums because I received a phone call once from Verizon asking where I got certain information that was proprietary. Of course I got it from someone else online but still I was only 16 when I got that phone call lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones