• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do They Still Make T H E S E?

It still turns whitish as it ages. I have a pile near a plant I've been watching and photographing. Can't help but see the pile to avoid getting it in the picture.

If it's black and smallish in size - it's probably a wild animal. They utilize all of the goodies in whatever they catch.

If you want poop - go to a store where they sell cheap stocking fillers around Christmas. There's pooping moose, reindeer, penguins, you name it and they all dispense some kind of chocolate colored candy.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
It still turns whitish as it ages. I have a pile near a plant I've been watching and photographing. Can't help but see the pile to avoid getting it in the picture.

If it's black and smallish in size - it's probably a wild animal. They utilize all of the goodies in whatever they catch.

If you want poop - go to a store where they sell cheap stocking fillers around Christmas. There's pooping moose, reindeer, penguins, you name it and they all dispense some kind of chocolate colored candy.

LOL & ROFL, Zman! I had to do a doubletake to catch up on THIS convo!

ROFL2.gif

Upvote 0
Did anyone come across any mkre nostslgic sweets? Remember those tiny candyshell coated licorice bites? (funny how much this convo related to licorice)

Kinda hard to describe: these were tiny bits of black licorice that were covered in a colorful candy shell thats a little thicker than the candy shell on a m&m. They used to remind me of tiny jelly beans.

Anyone know what these were? I will try and hunt a pic from the candy sites links posted in this discussion!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If anything, the maker should be criticized for redundancy.
Made me laugh!
And consistency is important in food. I love turkey legs because of the consistency. Completely different than white meat.

True that. I'm the only person I know who likes turkey wings as well.

Upvote 0
Musterole was mustard in petroleum jelly. You used it for sprains, colds, whatever. It burned like hell and you were not supposed to cover it. You can still make mustard plasters - capsaizin comes from peppers.

Old cold remedy - hot steam vaporizer aka "croup kettle," some liquid stuff like Vicks, Mentholatum for your nose, and Musterole elsewhere. You got better to get away from the cure.

Never heard of Pep Chew.

Upvote 0
Pep chews were a candy bar. It was a chocolate covered minty taffy. They can be kind of hard depending on the temperature. I used to smash it against the table to break it into bite size pieces. It would soften up as you chewed on it and would stick to your teeth. I think my dentist loved this stuff. I have not seen Pep Chews in almost 25 years.

Upvote 0
Pep chews were a candy bar. It was a chocolate covered minty taffy. They can be kind of hard depending on the temperature. I used to smash it against the table to break it into bite size pieces. It would soften up as you chewed on it and would stick to your teeth. I think my dentist loved this stuff. I have not seen Pep Chews in almost 25 years.

Ive never heard of these, but your describing it surd made my mouth wated and got the tastebuds dancing!

Hey Zoobs, musterole sounds very close to something I remember seeinh my grandmom and other relatives mixed at home fof some sort of remedy.

I remember they used to buy boxes of "yellow sulpher" (i wonder if you can buy sulpher otc today?) and mix it into a type of vasoline. I cant recall what the mixture did back then, but I bet it works better than whatever its "manufactured" counterpart is today.

Upvote 0
Here's the one I miss -

2399015715_bd6f1e11ce.jpg

These little bites of chocolatey heaven were the SO freakin' good. If you've never tried them, trust me - you're missing out. When I was a kid, almost every convenience store had a plastic tub of these at the check-out counter. They do still make 'em, but they are really hard to find. I've had to resort to ordering them online a couple of times.

The same company makes Icy Squares in Canada. Probably the exact same candy. Gets cold when you eat them. They are seasonal up there. Hard to find in the summer time, but everywhere in the fall and winter.
71096_207161618973_2309230_n.jpg

What I wish I could have just one more box of is the Space Food Sticks.
I loved them as a child.
Unique flavor and texture.
127508233169885450_7ADYuK6M_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Wow, who remember this? I grew up eating it! More like Molasses

Brer%20Rabbit%20Syrup%2024%20oz-500x500.jpg

O M G ! I remember that! And it "DID" have fullbflavor. I net kids today dony really know the real syrup flavor. I mean we literally grew up too, eating this. I can see my mom now placing it on the table on a saturday morning as we all tear nto breakfast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones