1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do TPU cases stretch?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by CarpCharacin, Jul 19, 2017.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Lurker

I got a Spigen TPU case for my Moto G5 plus, and I took it on and off several times and I'm a little worried about it stretching. Do TPU cases stretch/lose their shape?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by dontpanicbobby, Jul 20, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

In time everything loses its shape a little and may accommodate a ding or two by normal wear and tear. So that depends on how much you handle it and how hard you are on handling your device in its case.

#2 Phalon4, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    CarpCharacin likes this.
  4. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Lurker

OK, but will it stretch just from me taking it on and off? That's what I'm most worried about.

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Nope. High heat on the other hand is not so good. Personally though I can't think of any reason to leave your phone in a closed window car parked in the sun over multipe hot summer days. Even then it would take years of such abuse.

shalemail and CarpCharacin like this.
  6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Lurker

That is good to know, it is a little more loose on the side with the power and volume buttons, but I think that is just from the button cutouts.

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Yup. I always get Diztronic TPU cases, they start out a little loose like yours but stay that same loose, don't get any worse :)

8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Lurker

It seems like it is a little more loose on the side with the power and volume buttons than when I first got it, or maybe I'm just starting to notice it more.