• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do we have recovery yet?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but do we have a flash or SBF file to recover phone back to stock using RSDlite? I really hate to root until I know I have a simple, solid recovery option.

update;
I have successfully downloaded what I believe is an ICS fastboot/flash file for the RAZR M. I have not tried it yet as I have no need to recover at this time.

I am really hoping for a JellyBean fasboot file:)

Upvote 0
what is what there?

1 file is ICS the other is JB?
:thinking:

I know that I downloaded a JB flash file ( from that site ) for my kids original droid RAZR and it worked fine. it was nice to not have to download the jb update after restoring to ICS like in the past.

I have no need to flash my RAZR M at this time, other wise I would try it.

Upvote 0
For anyone who has unlocked the boot loader there is an unofficial TWRP 2.5 over on xda its fairly simple to flash and works great from my dealings so far.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2302969

Maybe not official but nice to have a reliable recovery

not sure if this will work on locked bootloaders or not. Mine is unlocked an it works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones