• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do wireless charges really need to be unplugged after use?

Why?
just because the manual says so?
bull feathers, and a lot of Horse manure to go with it....

The whole purpose of Wireless Chargers is "Convienence", and that means, you just lay the phone down on the Qi charger pad and walk away....

Likewise, you are in a hell of a hurry to run out the door, grab the phone and leave.....

oops!!!! there went the charging cord.... pulled it plumb in two.... and I have done that to way too many of them....
which is why I have 3 Qi Wireless charging pads in my home..... Bedroom, office, TV room where my recliner is....

not one of them has ever been unplugged "on purpose"..... unless the wife want to run the Vacuum Cleaner and then she jerks the charger out of the wall by the cord :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Just got a Samsung wireless charger and the directions say when you remove your charged phone you should unplug the charger. My question is why should it be unplugged? Does it hurt any thing to leave it plugged in?
Why?
just because the manual says so?
bull feathers, and a lot of Horse manure to go with it....

The whole purpose of Wireless Chargers is "Convienence", and that means, you just lay the phone down on the Qi charger pad and walk away....
Chalk this up to Legal Dept 101: CYA & nothing more.
If the product is the least bit unsafe to leave unplugged while not in-use,Samsung has no business selling it in the 1st place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones