• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do you always need to program an AP?

domoarigato

Sep 15, 2015
I am selling a new Motorola Moto X4, and a prospective buyer wants to put his Verizon SIM card in it to make sure it works.

The device is unlocked, so it should work fine for voice calls. But what about for data? Will we have to manually program an AP (Access Point) to get it to work, or will that be automatic?

should be automatic...

before you sell it though

Remember to disable Factory Reset Protection, you need to remove your Google account (all of them if you have more than one) from your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > and then select your account. Tap on the three dots to open the menu and select Remove account.

And perform a factory reset on your phone. Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and then tap Reset phone.

Upvote 0
should be automatic...

before you sell it though

Remember to disable Factory Reset Protection, you need to remove your Google account (all of them if you have more than one) from your phone. Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > and then select your account. Tap on the three dots to open the menu and select Remove account.

And perform a factory reset on your phone. Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and then tap Reset phone.

Good points. Thanks.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Practically all phones have a APN database built into the system now. Depending on which carrier Sim card you use, you may not have any options to Change/Edit or even add a APN.
I have the Android One version of the X4 and it works fine on Verizon.

Ah, that's what I was wondering. Just out of curiosity, do they even have all the current MVNO's in the database?

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Ah, that's what I was wondering. Just out of curiosity, do they even have all the current MVNO's in the database?
When I was playing around with my X4 trying to run Lineage OS, I followed a thread at XDA to try and edit my apn. Was able to look at the APN database using ADB and it looked like they had every carrier and mvno in the world.

Reactions: domoarigato
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones