1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Do you call VZW tech support?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thunder22, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Thunder22

Thunder22 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    NY/NJ/LI
    I called VZW tech support today about the battery life on my TBolt, a couple of reboots and about an area that I drive through 2x a day on my commute where service drops.

For all 3 problems he searched the knowledgebase. There were no hits on reboots.

That got me wondering that how many of you call tech support, not customer service, but tech support, when you have a problem so that the problem gets recorded in their ticketing system?

Advertisement

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    I've called them 4 times already. 3 times from the Thunderbolt, and 1 time because the Verizon store employee told me to call from their landline. One thing I noticed, on 2 occasions the automated system picked up that I was calling from an iPhone (mentioned an iPhone) and only once did it recognize that I was on a Thunderbolt. First time I called I asked the woman to submit some sort of Engineering/Tech request to see if they could figure out if my area was bad. She said no, this last time I called (from a Verizon store) the guy said he was submitting a ticket for a tech to check out my area. Still having issues at home where I get 4G for all of 2 minutes, then it drops to 3G, then 1X, and then nothing but bars.

3. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    If you have any questions about your phone call the manufacturer. If you have any questions about the network call us.

4. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    I've called probably 9 times for a total of 3 different issues.

I do try to be as polite as possible, tell them that I realize this is all new tech, and that I hope they are documenting my issues to add to the data base.

5. DCoy82

DCoy82 Member
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Florida
    I always just dial *611 because I don't keep the tech support number handy ;)

6. gvillager

gvillager Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    NYC
    I haven't called only because I have no problems.