1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Do you ever feel tech service people don't listen to a word you say?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jebus Christ, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 22, 2009
    I went into the Sprint Store today, jumped on their $8 insurance plan (dropping it in a week) because my phone was having some problems. The phones been acting a bit weird lately so I brought it in to see if they could check it out. I complained that the phone was shutting off saying the battery had 15% left but when turned back on it was above 75%.

I drop it off and an hour later when I get back, all they had done was change the lcd on it, well not really. They swapped in another random lcd and told me another one was being ordered for me.

So basically I went in for a battery issue I'm going to be leaving with a new front screen and back cover. I was going to argue more with them but honestly, I dropped my phone on concrete the other day and it got some scratches and small dents/scuffs so this screen and back swap will make it look brand new. I plan on selling it soon so this will help make it sell more as opposed to some random issues here and there.

Still though, has anyone here had any experiences where tech support basically didn't even seem to be listening to a word you were saying?

Advertisement

2. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Service Manager for a wireless recycler.
    Dallas, TX
    Glad to see your Photon got fixed.

hahah yeah i wasnt paying attetion when i read what he wrote.

3. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Wait, Photon, not Epic? I assumed he has the Epic since this is the Epic forum but, if you do have the Photon I would be interested in what you think about that phone because I have had a lot of issues with my Epic and really thought about just going out and buying the Photon since I think Motorola phones are built much better and I have had only good experiences with their phones which confuses me as to why I would torture myself with 2 Samsung phones. Last phone was the Samsung Instinct, horrible, abandoned by Samsung so when I am eligible for my upgrade I go and get a Samsung again. I'm not saying the Epic is a bad phone, I love the concept and on paper everything looks great but it looks like they are not going to upgrade us to Gingerbread from what I'm hearing from Sprint and other sources. I think it would help stabilize the phone and help at least with the battery amongst other things. I just hope they wake up and do the right thing. I love Samsung's TV's and I've done a lot of research before purchasing their TV's, I only with they put the same quality into their phones or just stop making phones and leave it to the experts. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better.

Is it really worth rooting the Epic and if so, what are the pro's/cons. I only have Mac's so I don't even know if I can do it without a PC. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Jim