1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do You Ever Need to "Pull the Battery"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlwaysAngry, Aug 13, 2012.

1. AlwaysAngry

AlwaysAngry Well-Known Member

i have the og evo and it's rooted. periodically i would need to pull the battery to stop it from boot-loops and other problems like that...

i'm considering upgrading to the 4g lte or the siii, my concern is that since the new 4g lte doesn't have a removable battery, wouldn't that cause a potential problem for rooters? how do you get out of a boot-loop?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EngineofRuin

EngineofRuin Well-Known Member

HTC EVO 4G LTE Tips & Tricks

3. caborobo

caborobo Member

Holding down the power button for ~10 seconds does the trick.

4. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Android Enthusiast

I was really paranoid about the built in battery but so far (knock on wood), I have had no problems, and I love the slimmer cleaner build of the phone.

5. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Android Enthusiast

The built in battery is the one thing that made me hesitate before buying this phone. After having the LTEvo I'm glad I bought it. The power button mash works just as well as removing the battery on my OG Evo. And the battery life is fantastic too. I know that last part is kinda irrelevant, but I used to use an external charger so the native battery made me nervous.

PattiCakeUS and EarlyMon like this.
  6. EngineofRuin

EngineofRuin Well-Known Member

I still am paranoid, just can't shake it and can't do anything about it now. I sent a half drunken email to HTC to complain about it. The wording was actually very nice.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I can mess up a sunrise.

I've had ample occasion to use the 10 second power mash to get my phone back - it works for me. :)

dustwun77 and nullspace like this.
  8. nullspace

nullspace Well-Known Member

Me too. Plus, now I don't need to remove the case to hard reset the phone. :)

9. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

I only had to do it once when I had a bad flash and an image zip on the sdcard which rendered me dead in the water until I just pulled the card and deleted the zip. It worked fine.

I've gone for weeks at a a time without even rebooting this phone. HTC really hit the nail on the head this time.

10. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Android Enthusiast

I have to say I made the right choice. I think this is the best phone out there right now, and I dont see the iphone beating it.

dustwun77 likes this.
  11. CBRRider

CBRRider Member

Coming from two previous Samsung Android phones and having to pull the battery many times a week i was a little nervous but i really haven't the need to do that with the EVO LTE. I have done it when i was first unlocking/rooting my phone but haven't had the need otherwise.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews