• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you feel stupid??

Do you feel stupid?

• YES

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • NO

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • I want everyone to look at me!!!

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I have been checking out reviews across the net and listening to what people have to say about the SGN.
I think that every single review that I read and heard said that same thing - "you're going to look really stupid holding a giant phone to your head"

Now here's the question - "Do you really feel stupid holding your SGN to your ear?"
I mostly use the earphones or my bluetooth headset, but there will be that occasion where I will not have either and will have to put the phone to my ear

But here's the other thing - if you have a phone this size, you will make heads turn not matter where you put it.
I just think that people are going to say something like "Holy Shiat!!! Did you see the size of the phone???"

Either way, I will be getting my SGN this weekend and will definitely not feel stupid holding it to my ear....

I voted "no", but I do feel a "little" self conscious because I also read about how people think it looks funny. I think tiny little phones look funny... i say the size of the note is perfect, even when talking on it. :)

With more and more phones bigger than the iPhone out in the wild, the size of the Note will become more and more of a non issue.

Upvote 0
The phone's an attention getter no matter how/where you use it. We all knew that when we bought it, so I doubt there are many of us who would now sit back and say "crap, I feel like a tool with this thing on my ear" because we knew what we were getting into, and most likely we don't mind people noticing the phone because it gives us something cool to talk about!

-Ryan

Upvote 0
I have two awesome cases for my phone that look like Cassette Tapes. People always notice those above anything and then its to the fact that im on a HUGE phone! I have only had one person tell me that my SGN is too big. Others love it! When I show them the camera and how good the pictures take..its game over! They want one!!! Long story short...Awesome device and I do not feel stupid one bit!!!

Upvote 0
Now that I've got a Note I feel stupid for using those tiny phones with the tiny display and having to squint to see the text!:D

I love the 5.3" display and I have my Note mounted on my vehicles' windshield and use the Google Maps or GPS for directions even though I have OEM NAV since Google Maps are more up to date.

Who cares what others think.

Reactions: wase4711
Upvote 0
I don't feel stupid one bit and I couldn't care less what others think. But most of the time, nobody really pays attention or gives me a funny look when I use it as a phone. However, when I use it as a tablet, I'll get questions about it. LOL.

Ditto for me too... I pull it out and text or call, nada... but the instant I start a video or something, BAM, taps on the shoulder and people asking me about it!! :thumbup:

Upvote 0
I get a lot of unwanted attention with this phone. I do home health and some of my clients are in the hood. Not a good place for a giant phone when most of them are half or a quarter of the size. I always hear, "I like that phone". Its only a matter of time before someone tries to rob me. Even in general public, this phone sticks out. I've only seen one other

Upvote 0
I own the Samsung Galaxy Note Lte I'm enjoying every bit of it. I Vote "NO" Too because no one asking me about it some people think it's really neat & I show them.
PS: I'm 5'10 medium Hands I can hold the Note on one handed and text on it too.

I did a lot of research before I went out and got it and played around the test unit at local AT&T store and Best Buy and even hold it too see if it felt compatible and I Rate it 10/10 I used to own a lot of Android Tablets in the past year there was always something wrong with them it's not the OS it's the Hardware.

Samsung & Motorola is the only 2 brands I prefer and they got High Quality units.
ASUS - Very good for Laptops no issues but tablets I've test out the Asus Prime I had marjor issues on day 1 took it back next day.

Upvote 0
I have two awesome cases for my phone that look like Cassette Tapes. People always notice those above anything and then its to the fact that im on a HUGE phone! I have only had one person tell me that my SGN is too big. Others love it! When I show them the camera and how good the pictures take..its game over! They want one!!! Long story short...Awesome device and I do not feel stupid one bit!!!

Where did you find those cases??

Also I had to go to the note. Screen size alone dictated that move. Here in Chicago I have either hspa or lte to choose from. Coming from sprint is yea, stepping up. But now I'm stuck cause I just can't go back to a smaller size period. I tried it yesterday using the HTC ONE. Horrible experience for me there.

Upvote 0
well I can tell you that after having my SGN for 6 days now, I am totally in love with it.
I love the size and no longer carry my tab 10.1 with me...
People stare at me like "WTF is that????" - I just turn away so they can't get a better look

I also agree with wase4711, I think that Samsung has taken the first step towards 5 inch plus screens and many others will follow, but the race has already begun and everyone else is just too far behind to even catch up... lolll

Thank you all for your replies and enjoy your SGN and let everyone know that...4.6 and below is OUT, 5.3 is IN

Upvote 0
Well, the bottom line for this is: you shouldn't feel stupid in any way using it. You bought it for a reason and most likely needed it for that specific reason. Why would anyone think they are stupid for owning and using it? It's an expensive phone and anyone who got it most likely did their research into it (including handling the phone). Unless it was an impulse buy and you had tons of funds to throw around, then you have no one else to blame but yourself.

But, there are those that do experience problems with some 'lemons' out there or feel it didn't really fit their needs when further playing with it. They really shouldn't be feeling stupid about that either. It's a part of life (live and learn)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones