1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do you have a stock clock app ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HotDawg, Sep 12, 2011.

1. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Because I don't. Seems strange.

Advertisement

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

The clock app seems to load when you put the phone in the standard dock (if you select that mode). I have yet to figure out what app it is that loads.

If you just want to display it (without figuring out what it is) you can use Bionic Dock (free in the Market) to simulate docking and load the app, if that's what you're interested in.

3. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Yes, thanks, UncleMike - did try that app, but when you dock the phone it only switches between Dock Mode and Dock Mode - you can't get back to your home screen, LOL.
    I was just wanting to set an alarm when it wasn't in dock mode, and I used to have time zone reminders in it.

At least I'm not losing it! Thanks again.

4. shelldigity

shelldigity Newbie

I do, but it's called "Alarm & Timer" instead of Clock. No time zone stuff, but you can definitely set alarms outside of dock mode.

5. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I found the Alarm and Timer but I would like to have a clock like the one on my Droid1. I found that handy at times when sleeping someplace without a clock near the bed. I find it strange that they did away with the clock and the handy ability to dim it down. The fact that it works when docked makes me wonder whether this was an attempt to sell more docks.

Other than the app that simulates the dock, does anyone have any other solutions they like?

-Scott

6. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

In addition to alarm and timer native I use Alarmf Clock Plus. Small charge but lets you do more and choose your own music for alarm. I used it daily on a recent cruise and it was great. Lots of options.
    Lew

7. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I ended up getting the $.99 Donate version of Night Clock. Seems to work OK. I haven't asked it to do much but be a dim digital clock on the night stand.

-Scott