• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you have an Android Family?

I dont have an Android family, but they do like my Droid 1 and X. And my kids mother says she wants an Android phone.

Its wild....until the iPhone came to Verizon, my kids and their mother didnt really know about the iPhone. But when I got my Droid 1 in April of last year...they knew and love Android. Us living in a big city that would be considered impossible for someone to know of Android before the iPhone.

Something else that's interesting....my kids mother just got a Blackberry a couple of weeks ago with the physical keys...she loves to text. After only a few days she wanted an Android phone and wants me to help her pick one out. She loves to texts but likes the on screen keyboards better. Since she has Boost or Cricket the Android choices will be slim.

Upvote 0
Daughter's first Android is my Galaxy Tab which I used only for a few weeks before giving it to her for Christmas. She loved it well enough she also wanted a Galaxy S. So I gave my Galaxy S i9000 too, with Froyo update. Note, she doesn't like HTC though, but she had used a Samsung featurephone before.

Bro got a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 but he regrets not getting the Nexus One, which would have given him Froyo and a hotspot. His decision to choose the Xperia comes from having used SE featurephones before.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. I have an HTC Desire after owning a blackberry and had convinced my mom and sister to get blackberries a year and a half or so ago. I've only been an android user for a little over a month and i'm not going back. Sister still uses blackberry and mom now has iphone 3gs.

My Uncle has an android but i forget which device. Probably the Evo.
My boyfriend: Htc Desire
close friend also has the htc desire

That's about it. I'm hoping my sister will jump ship soon.

Upvote 0
Let's see... I started it with my noise about getting a Droid. Then my brother-in-law got his wife an original Droid, just because he wanted to be first (he's got an iPhone and figured Droid was inferior and therefore good enough for his wife).

Then I got my Droid Incredible and made everyone jealous. Hubby made noises about the Droid 2... that's what he got recently, and the daughters got LG Ally's for Christmas. I've got another sister-in-law with a Droid, and I know her sons have them too. Not sure what her husband is using, but I suspect it's an iPhone.

I think that's about it, but I know some of my other relatives love my phone...

Upvote 0
My extended family is getting there. My parents and I got my sister a Galaxy S Vibrant for xmas, and a week ago I got my new girlfriend a Desire on a 3yr contract for her birthday. Her brother already had an HTC Legend so she was set on getting an HTC Android phone even before she saw my LG Shine plus.

I also got my best friend to buy an HTC Desire with a data plan to replace his landline and slow dial up internet at home. Now he has fast internet and is saving himself some money with a fancy phone.

My parents will likely get Android phones when their Bell contract is up. They have Samsung Instinct's and my dad hates it for a number of reasons. He wants to get a smartphone that is actually smart.

This is my first smartphone ever but I've spent enough time playing with it and learning the ins and outs that I will probably never consider another platform for a long time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones