• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do you have to re-root after update in order to use the OTG?

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2012
I'm having problems with the OTG on the Nexus 7 recognizing my flash drive. It works just fine on my phone so I know the problem isn't with the cable or the drive itself. Do you have to re-root the Nexus 7 after there's been an update? Also, I thought someone had found a solution for using OTG where you don't have to root. Does anyone recall what that is?

Nexus Media Importer works fine for me. It worked fine both before and after the 4.2.2 update, and I see that the note in the app description implies that it may be a configuration (data) issue rather than the app itself that may have caused problems for some users.

If you don't need r/w access to the OTG device I can highly recommend this app - which specifically does not require root access to work.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones