• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you know how to cure the blues?

M

Member243850

Sigh I've got a bit of the blues lately... My dad has had cancer twice...

Even though I have some minor issues with my dad I still love him very much... I don't hate my father just some difficulties here and there but I think we all have that...

Looks like I will have to also look after my parents as well now...

My new boss got stabbed not too long ago and I heard there was an explosion at my old work place at what sounds like plant 52... operations gave the go ahead when they shouldn't have but luckily nobody died ... Only hurt but will be okay...

I am starting to not like operations.

I also got given a job offer at another refinery here it's a very very special one because it is the world's first gas to liquid refinery... It is a pioneer... But sadly gubbermint owned... (It is now the world's 3rd largest gas to liquid refinery but will always be the first) And I have still been waiting for these guys to get back to me (for the once in a life time job offer for the big oil rig) in that same amount of time I could have done their shutdown for them if they had just told me the negotiations were going to take so long I would have made a lot of extra money on that shut they have pissed me off a bit ... They have been trying to hold me now... They have pissed me off a bit...

They admitted latter that he was trying to keep me and didn't want me to leave for the other job... argh...

I got the blues guys... Sigh feeling a bit low :(

Do you guys know how to cure the blues?

Lol I love cow and chicken hahahahahaha lol I need a fat laugh right now :)

Reactions: KBU2
If I feel the blues (mostly because part of my previous work is basically pumping away at a dying person looking him/her at the eyes and willing them to live) I just sit back and watch some stupid funny cartoon like Rick and Morty or one of those outrageous anime that aren't getting dubs in the US for being so crazy (like Crayon Shin Chan) then go to sleep. LOL.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I don't think there is a one size fits all cure. I'be been there often enough, and tend to do one of 3 things: deal with the issue if I can, assuming there is an identifiable cause; just occupy myself with something else for a while if I not; and if nothing else seems possible remind myself that this too will pass and, as Mr Churchill would have said, keep buggering on as best I can until it does.

Upvote 0
Sigh I've got a bit of the blues lately... My dad has had cancer twice...

Even though I have some minor issues with my dad I still love him very much... I don't hate my father just some difficulties here and there but I think we all have that...

Looks like I will have to also look after my parents as well now...

My new boss got stabbed not too long ago and I heard there was an explosion at my old work place at what sounds like plant 52... operations gave the go ahead when they shouldn't have but luckily nobody died ... Only hurt but will be okay...

I am starting to not like operations.

I also got given a job offer at another refinery here it's a very very special one because it is the world's first gas to liquid refinery... It is a pioneer... But sadly gubbermint owned... (It is now the world's 3rd largest gas to liquid refinery but will always be the first) And I have still been waiting for these guys to get back to me (for the once in a life time job offer for the big oil rig) in that same amount of time I could have done their shutdown for them if they had just told me the negotiations were going to take so long I would have made a lot of extra money on that shut they have pissed me off a bit ... They have been trying to hold me now... They have pissed me off a bit...

They admitted latter that he was trying to keep me and didn't want me to leave for the other job... argh...

I got the blues guys... Sigh feeling a bit low :(

Do you guys know how to cure the blues?

Lol I love cow and chicken hahahahahaha lol I need a fat laugh right now :)

Let's not forget Ren and Stimpy

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Hey thanks buddy :)

Naah she is state owned been around for a few decades now but it's special because it is the world's first gas to liquid refinery and is a pioneer.

What has really angered me though was my new company trying to keep me because I am highly desirable and I am pissed off because they didn't want me going to the other refinery.

I was extremely angry that they were delaying and playing games when I could have made a lot of extra money in the side.

You see my qualifications are very rare here (and also looks like in general and the Netherlands as well) so they played a little bit dirty to keep me.

Anyway it happened so I am not going to worry too much about no use crying over spilt milk :)

The other projects should start soon I don't know how I am going to handle 3 huge projects simultaneously.

I am like the only one qualified here to do it :'(

I am also considered a huge bargain here because I am local and I am like a 1/4 of the price to get someone over seas with the same qualifications because they will ask for a lot more because of the exchange rate so I am a massive win for them.

I have no idea how I am going to run those massive projects all at the same time holy cow.

Anyway feeling much better had a back op yesterday and it already feels absolutely awesome!

Wow that was a great idea to go through with it.

Feeling much better haven't got the blues right now that's for sure! :D

Thank you guys :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones