• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you like the One V?

Hi,

Sorry to disturb in between guys......

I Just sold my HTC Wildfire S (because of battery issue) and looking for a new ONE V. Does it worth buying new..? I lookout here every where but doesn't get any idea, since no one has specified about the phone's + and -.

or Can recommend any other best model from HTC (for around $300)....?

sorry again.

Thanks in advance.......

Upvote 0
Hi,

Sorry to disturb in between guys......

I Just sold my HTC Wildfire S (because of battery issue) and looking for a new ONE V. Does it worth buying new..? I lookout here every where but doesn't get any idea, since no one has specified about the phone's + and -.

or Can recommend any other best model from HTC (for around $300)....?

sorry again.

Thanks in advance.......

It's one of the best VM phones you can get, with good developer support.

Cons... non-removable battery, could be a little faster, doesn't come with an sdcard.

Pros... thin, plenty fast, good amount of storage, Sense 4 (lite)

Compared to other models... Unless you need the power, screen size, 3d function of the Evo V/SGS2, it's the best phone on Virgin. Much cheaper and thinner than the Evo V, and can be found for half the price of the Galaxy S2.

Upvote 0
I had the One V for a few months and I had quite a different experience with it than many other people here. While I found it perfectly usable for basic tasks, the lag got to be really grating. Dolphin struggled to run smoothly on the phone, and the most basic of multitasking would be a cumbersome, laggy process. Texting in the stock app was awful; threads with hundreds of messages took ages to load, and just sending a message seemed to tax the processor. Sense 4.0 is aesthetically pleasing and I liked many of its features, but I felt that the dated hardware of the One V wasn't capable enough for it.

A decent phone, but I never forgot that it was essentially an entry-level device (though it's important to note I also never rooted it).

Reactions: senthamil
Upvote 0
can the one V tether easily??? long range???

Easy enough. It even has a tethering widget so if you have set it up, it needs just one touch to start tethering.

Having said that, One V is slow phone (compared to my another phone, the LG 2X), and tethering speed is not that good.

I have no problem connect my notebook and other android phones to it though. Sometime I went to play with the display units at the mall when the new phones are released. If the store did not setup the wifi with those phone, I just use my One V tethering. I don't remember having problem connecting with any of those phones I tried.

Upvote 0
Hi I just had the one V for two weeks. I am v impressed with battery life-3 days- but having had a Desire for more than two years I find the layout or interface on One V very poor. The processor is v quick and I guess that most of my dislike is due to being so old and therefore fixed in my ways. But I would really like to know if I could swap the Desire interface onto this phone. I guess the lack of trakball would preclude that option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones