• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you like to see Galaxy S2 with "Super-Lcd"

Do you Like S2 with Super LCD

• Hell yeah

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters

1ds

Apr 12, 2011
India
Personally i dont like how AMOLED's over saturate colors and give blue hues on white last but not least the infamous Burn-in, on the other hand S-LCD are much better though LCD lacks some contrast and truer blacks but i prefer S-LCD more beacuse of true color and its whites and immune to Burn in, i think samsung should launch S2 with Super LCD variant.

Super Amoled Plus does NOT use the pentile matrix

I'm not living under the rocks i know its uses traditional rgb matrix, the motto of this thread is not about pixel arrangement its about true white color without any blue hue,Burn-in from excessive use and last but no least true color rendition which still needs to be addressed,every one tastes differs but i personally don't like way too over-saturated colors.

Upvote 0
I don't really see why people want 'true color rendition'. In games, apps, menus, etc... The graphics are computer generated so true color is not an issue. I can kind of see why people think that over-saturation in pictures and movies is a bad thing, but in my experience the screen seems to 'enhance' these medias, making them look brighter and more vivid (Bit like some of those one click auto-correct photo editing tools) than they would on an SLCD or other boring screen technology. So ether way; it's a small compromise, or it's a positive thing.

As for blue hue... Like I said, I don't see one, even when comparing with the retina display.

And burn in: As long as you don't leave the screen on all night you should be fine as far as I can work out. I had an AMOLED Desire for a year before I even found out burn in was an issue. Desire is still fine, seems like a very rare and easily avoidable problem.

Upvote 0
Super AMOLED Plus = Real life looking.

Saw one for the first time in a shop today...was blown away.
I have 4 of the latest Android phones, my HTC with it's Super-LCD is very nice, but it's not even close to the amazing Super AMOLED Plus.

Between my favorite Swype, and everything this SGS II can do it's no wonder most reviews say this is the best Android ever.

It's very disappointing that this display is not on my Nexus S. I don't know why Google failed to include it in the specs they gave Samsung for their phone.

Yet that said, I do know supply is an issue. Its the reason HTC is not using them.

The other feature of this display that is quite noticeable is the energy saver in the display technology, battery life is amazing.

Cheers :)

Sent via Galaxy S II using Swype

Upvote 0
I'm not living under the rocks i know its uses traditional rgb matrix, the motto of this thread is not about pixel arrangement its about true white color without any blue hue,Burn-in from excessive use and last but no least true color rendition which still needs to be addressed,every one tastes differs but i personally don't like way too over-saturated colors.

Over saturated look is gone with the new screen. I have both the galaxy and galaxy 2. There is no comparison with the new one to the old version

Upvote 0

Over saturated look is gone with the new screen. I have both the galaxy and galaxy 2.

Upvote 0
coming from a Desire HD with slcd, I always glimpsed over at amoled screens I saw with friends and thought, wow, thats too much colour right there and way too bright! However after dumping my Desire HD and getting a SGS2 I must say I LOVE the way the screen looks, its just sooo amazing! Also on (settings-display-background-movie) it does look real. I would never want to go back to an slcd! Super crisp, super hot, super amoled+

Upvote 0
The screen colours of the galaxy s2 are superb, but I was having some saturation problems with my S2 when playing videos saved to my phone. I WAS saving movies to USBstorage, and opening them from there. There were no additional display settings there when playing the videos. But when i saved movies, or moved the movie to microSD card, the video then appeared in the Video app directly. When i opened the same avi this way, the additional settings were there. I got brightness, colour tone, and outdoor visability. My Settings are Brightness :3, colour tone :cold, outdoor visablilty : off , video playback is now unmatched by any phone it is superb!..... this is clearly the best screen on the market now and there is no saturation problems. Also if you move your avi's to the camera folder they will also work in the main player from there.

Upvote 0
I think colors are way over saturated, contrast is too high, and general views appear to be black clipped on the Samsung Galaxy S2. Images that look good on a large 23" Samsung PC monitor look way oversaturated when viewed on an S2. Subtle hues and shadings completely disappear. I agree the for playing games this may not make much difference. However, when you are viewing images, movies, or surfing the web this does matter. Samsung probably figured that by dazzling people with brilliant colors, they could draw attention away from the fact that screen res. isn't as high as the competitiion. Based on the response most people have to the screen, I think they succeeded at this.

Reactions: acp
Upvote 0
I love the SGS2 display and it's one of the things I researched before buying...

It does have a lower resolution, than the iphone 4S, but to be blatantly honest that is easily overlooked when you put the phones next to each other. And the SGS2 resolution isn't that low to cause problems anyways. The SGS2's display just looks amazing in comparison and there's more if it too...

Settings > Display > Background effect. That might adjust the display to your liking.

Upvote 0
I think colors are way over saturated, contrast is too high, and general views appear to be black clipped on the Samsung Galaxy S2.

That's why there are two other display modes available, as suggested by several other earlier posts and as I pointed out here in another topic.

Samsung probably figured that by dazzling people with brilliant colors, they could draw attention away from the fact that screen res. isn't as high as the competitiion. Based on the response most people have to the screen, I think they succeeded at this.

I find that statement quite insulting. :mad:

I, and I'm sure many others, don't buy a handset because it's simply got bigger numbers than the competition. I compared the Sensation to the GS2 before deciding and the latter won out in terms of usability and form factor. I also use my handset for a wide range of tasks so "brilliant colours" wasn't a factor. Responsiveness and compatibility with a wide range of existing apps however was. I rarely view video (or even images) on my GS2 but still find the display quality excellent.

Reactions: Gearu
Upvote 0
i watched a high def 1080p full movie on the sg2 the other night, perfect, flawless.

i know there are higher rez' screens, but what you want it for more than full capabilities of high def?

higher rez is better for LARGER screens. the bigger you go, the higher it should be. on phones? pfft...higher is just "mine is higher than yours" childish crap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones