1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Do you like your fascinate? Any concerns?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omelet, Nov 21, 2010.

1. omelet

omelet Newbie

Nov 7, 2010
    So I'm planning on getting this phone today, and was wondering a few questions.

Do you like it?
    Does the screen get a lot of scratches? Is a screen protector necessary?
    Do you think samsung actually made a good phone?
    Can I get android market?

Advertisement

2. Androider93

Androider93 Newbie

Sep 27, 2010
    LOVE it so far, had it for like 2 weeks. Best phone I have ever had (so far) and have found very little problems with it (so far)

I only have a hard case on it, and no screen protector. Screen is still in perfect shape.

My feeling on samsung phones b4 i got the fascinate we're that they weren't the best and had a lot of flaws, but they perfected this phone.

Yes, android market is on this phone :p

3. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

Nov 7, 2010
    NC, USA
    Do you like it? Yes very much

Does the screen get a lot of scratches? Is a screen protector necessary? Uses gorilla glass for no scratches. I don't use a screen protector. Imo only thing it helps is fingerprints but I don't like look of screen protector so I just wipe fingerprints off.

Do you think samsung actually made a good phone? Great phone needs update but should come soon hopefully.

Can I get android market? Yes

4. omelet

omelet Newbie

Nov 7, 2010
    Okay, so if I get a silicone case without the screen protector, should I be fine? I was wondering if the phone was like the iPod touch, where the screen is glass and doesn't get scratches.

5. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

Nov 7, 2010
    NC, USA
    Its gorilla glass made to not break or scratch

6. omelet

omelet Newbie

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, I didn't really know what gorilla glass was.

7. JGZinv

JGZinv Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Living.. better than the alternative.
    If you have a Best Buy nearby you should wait till Friday and get it for $1.
    Don't spend a fortune on phones.. even LetsTalk.com has them on sale.

Also, as to the screen watch a durability test on youtube..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xASJobjD68

8. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Got a phantom scratch in the lower right hand corner! My phone has never been dropped, touched by change, keys, etc! Its pretty much baby'd...So much for Gorilla Glass!

Side not- I have a slew of phones, zero scratches on any of their screens, and they all do not have this so called Gorilla Glass. I also never use a screen protector on any of em..hmm?

9. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

Nov 10, 2010
    NM
    I don't really buy into the gorilla glass stuff, plus i don't want to risk messing up the glass cuz the screen looks too good :D

The screen protector from verizon sucks though... it doesn't cover the whole glass and it blurs the image a bit so i went to amazon and bought the realook screen protector. I hardly notice it's there but fingerprints are horrible, nothing a few wipes of the shirt won't fix though

10. leehblanc

leehblanc Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Computerized Maintenance and Inventory
    Atlantic County, NJ
    Verizon sells a case for $19.99 that clips on to the back of the phone. When installed it sits up above the glass on the edges by a few millimeters, which should protect it against a face-down drop. The bonus? The case has a built in kickstand which works either vertically or horizontally. I'm not a fan of cases... never had one on my iPhone, never had one on my Droid X. This one is awesome.

11. RadioFr33Europe

Nov 20, 2010
    I *hate* that I can't sort my contacts Last, First.