1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Do You Miss Having A Hardware Keyboards On Your Android Devices?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by the2ndflood, Aug 9, 2016.

?

Do You Miss Having A Hardware Keyboard On Your Android Devices?

1. YES

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. the2ndflood

the2ndflood Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    I really miss my old Palm Pre Plus, because it has a Hardware keyboard. Would you rather keep using a Virtual keyboard or use a Hardware keyboard instead?

Advertisement

2. shadavis08

shadavis08 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2015
    Yes I miss my Palm Pre 3

the2ndflood likes this.
  3. the2ndflood

the2ndflood Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Did Palm even get a chance to release the Palm Pre 3? The WebOS is such a great OS though, but now LG owns it. The only problem with it, is that the more content that you that you added, the longer the phone would take to turn on/reset. But it was awesome, having all of our content backed up and you could always just log in and re-downloaded. I don't know why Google doesn't do that?

4. shadavis08

shadavis08 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2015
    Right. They invented the open apps card style. Webos was also very easy to develop apps for too. Great for modding as well

5. shadavis08

shadavis08 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2015
    Yes there was a Pre3 I was a beta tester until HP bought them and canned them. I got a free tablet and Pre 3 from them. Oh and the Veer as well.

the2ndflood likes this.
  6. the2ndflood

the2ndflood Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Palm did invent that system first. Or at least purchased and used it first. WebOS was just such a great OS and phone. How did you manage to become a Beta Tester in Hardware? I have beta tested a lot of things, but never in anything Hardware-Based. The only problem that I had with the WebOS though, was that the more content that you added to the phone, the slower the phone's reset/turn-on times would become. But I loved the fact that you could install giant amounts of apps, unlike Android. Google and Apple have definitely learned a thing or two from Palm. iPhone's still suck!!!

7. the2ndflood

the2ndflood Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    I did recently found out that Blackberry makes some Android phones, that come Unlocked and download major updates every month. So I'm going to look into that. I thought Blackberry was gone, but they still exist. The AndroidOS is free, so it is smart of the company to use AndroidOS, instead of there of their crappy BlackberryOS. So now that I know that Blackberry's make Android phone, with a hardware keyboard, that is what I am thinking of getting. I will update this post, as I find out more.

#7 the2ndflood, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  8. shadavis08

shadavis08 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2015
    I got to become a beta tester just by hanging out in the forums and learning how to hack Webos. While I learned how to do stuff I helped out a lot of other people in the forums with the things I learned and one day someone inboxed me and asked if I'd like to beta test devices. It was an awesome day for sure. I thought at first it was a prank lol

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I dunno. From what I see of the BB Androids, they're overpriced midrange devices with bugs that aren't easy to fix.

10. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    While I do occassionally b*tch about the android keyboard, I have never been tempted by any of the droids with hardware keyboards that have come out from time to time .. so I guess the answer is no ;)