• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you need a USB cable?

Hi again

I'm used to using USB to transfer files from PC to phone so was a bit surprised when my Hero didn't come with one.

Obviously most things can be done wirelessly now, but I have lots of music files I want to transfer and my PC does not have bluetooth.

Am I missing a really obvious solution here? I use iTunes, so is there a way to just synch up the account with the Hero?

thanks!

Ok, I need some clarification. My hero syncs and charges with no problem on the HTC supplied USB cable but when I plug in a generic mini usb cable, I can charge but not sync. For some reason, the phone says that it can't find HTC sync and HTC sync on the PC says "disconnected" regardless of what I do. Help!

Use the supplied cable.... Simples

Upvote 0
Ok, I need some clarification. My hero syncs and charges with no problem on the HTC supplied USB cable but when I plug in a generic mini usb cable, I can charge but not sync. For some reason, the phone says that it can't find HTC sync and HTC sync on the PC says "disconnected" regardless of what I do. Help!
Uninstall the software, reinstall and try again. It probably hasn't installed drivers correctly.

I've only used a generic mini USB cable when connecting to the PC and it's always worked fine.

Edit: re-read what you wrote. maybe your cable is faulty lol.

Upvote 0
You can use any mini-USB car charger, I have several, however some can be noisy, one or two that I did use made the phone heat up and crash on occasion, those I dumped. All the ones I've used are generic ones that plug into a car lighter socket and offer one or two USB sockets, then I just use a normal USB to USB mini cable from a camera or whatever to link it to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones