• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you send your crash reports to HTC

Do you submit your crash reports to HTC?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • My Phone Has Never Crashed

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
if your handset locks up that frequent, you should troubleshoot.

have you looked at any threads? have you posted your issues?

if your issue happens across two NEW devices, i would seem its something you are installing on the handset.

do you want to speak about your issues or is this just a random poll question?

I was hoping the recent updates would fix the phone issues. I have factory reset many times. I even opened a case with HTC. They recommended I uninstall software that I download from the Market. I am using the same software that I had installed on my EVO 4G.

These issues certainly are not being caused by anything I have download from the Market.

Some of the issues

-Phone goes into roam where my EVO 4G never did
-Person at other end of call reports poor call quality - no issue on EVO 4g
-Sense crashes and reloads - no issue on EVO 4G
-Phone locks up, buttons stay lit - no issue on EVO 4G
-Phone reboots randomly - no issue on EVO 4G

I have taken this phone to the crappy Sprint repair store here in Sanford, Florida. They said they can not do anything until they see the issues first hand. I am going to call Sprint again and ask for a replacement tomorrow, then sell it and go back to my EVO 4G for a while.

The only other person I know with a 3D had similar issues with his first phone, but his second one seems fine.

Upvote 0
well many people can attest this handset does not behave that way. i have had two different evo 3Ds in my poessession and not had those issues.

i agree with htc there could be some software causing the issue.

let me ask this:

did both handsets have the EXACT same issues?

were you ever rooted?

did you even try a factory reset and use the handset before you install any apps?

Upvote 0
I have no doubt there are many E3Ds out there without issues, but you can see the same issues reported that I am having on this forum, the official HTC support forum, and other EVO 3D forums as well.

Not rooted, factory reset at least 6 time between both phones.

I am a big fan of Sense and HTC phones, but like I stated before, I ran the same apps on my EVO 4G without issue.

Below are the Apps I have downloaded

Amazon
Catch Notes
CragsNotification
DaTuner Pro
Deal Drop
Dive Log
ES File Explorer
HBOGo
MaxGo
DirecTV
Engadget
Realtor
Zillow
Pandora
Tikl
Talk
WaveSecure
The Weather Channel
Mint
Karl's Mortgage Calculator
Tower Raiders Gold
Flash

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
thanks for your response.

with respect due to you sir/ma'am, my questions are still not answered. :)

have you ran the handset in a factory reset state with no apps installed? if you have and the and phone STILL showed the same issues then thats one thing, however if the phone behaved properly then it would be wise to go down the list of apps ..installing one at a time.. until you find a culprit.

just saying others have problems does not mean the handset itself is just a bad handset. each users' environment and setup is different from the next and troubleshooting is required in each case.

i would wager to say an overwhelming majority of evo 3D users doo not experience the issues you are experiencing. if so, there would be some type of response from HTC.

i do admit since the handsets are massed produced, some are bound to have issues.. this is true of anything built on an assembly line.

so sure you ran the same apps on another handset. since that handset there have been OS upgrades on the htc evo 3D that could break some apps you were using.. it happens.. devs update as they can.

again, to put us all on the same page, why not factory reset and try the handset for s day in factory mode. see what happens..

could be you are running close to a low ram memory status and this could cause some issues with other things that need system memory... live wallpapers, widgets, app cache....

ive got 25 ish + apps on the evo 3D all stored on an SD card and i have had zero issues out out of the device. so lets see if we can help you with your situation and get your evo 3D working as it should?

to answer you direct question, ive personally not had any crash reports and thus have not yet needed to send anything to HTC. however i would so it could hep them gain this intelligence and possibly use it to enhance a future maintenance update.

Reactions: jdsingle
Upvote 0
I agree with marctronixx. Do a complete troubleshooting with your phone. The statement that your EVO 4G ran these apps no problem has no direct relation to the 3V0. The EVO 4G is not the EVO 3D. Comparing something works on one but not the other when it isn't the same isn't a good idea unless you are comparing how they operate via cell service (like your roaming issue), call quality, and download/upload speeds (or anything else that can be compared not used in troubleshooting).

I would call and talk to sprint tech support about the roaming issue they might be able to fix that.

Call quality? Did you read the thread that helps you attempt to fix that? Almost all the people that have made that little change received drastically better call quality.

Again, you're comparing two different pieces of software. the EVO 4G isn't on Sense 3.0

It sounds like you haven't truly troubleshooted your phone. Do what marc said, run it a few days with NO applications installed with a fresh reset. Always possible something on your SD is causing a problem. I wish you the best of luck since I believe this is an amazing piece of hardware. Not everyone will be satisfied with a phones performance though.

Upvote 0
thanks for your response.

with respect due to you sir/ma'am, my questions are still not answered. :)

have you ran the handset in a factory reset state with no apps installed? if you have and the and phone STILL showed the same issues then thats

i would wager to say an overwhelming majority of evo 3D users doo not experience the issues you are experiencing. if so, there would be some type of response from HTC.

Well at least for me, I am now on my second replacement Evo 3D. This now makes the third randomly resetting / locking up E3D.

1. All three phones randomly rebooted or locked up. This is despite numerous hard resets on each.

2. The last one was run as factory stock after all updates were downloaded (I just did a hard reset late last week) and has been run stock up until this morning. Same behavior. It is unrelated to applications downloaded.

3. There are tons of people having exactly the same issues with the Evo 3Ds. Besides the random lockups and reboots, particularly the locking up with the screen dark and buttons lit.

4. There doesnt have to be a response, press release, or MR from HTC for a significant problem to exist within a significant number of handsets - especially if it is something random and hard to replicate on demand in front of store personnel or further up the RMA chain.

Upvote 0
3. There are tons of people having exactly the same issues with the Evo 3Ds. Besides the random lockups and reboots, particularly the locking up with the screen dark and buttons lit.

My extensive Googling has lead me to this conclusion as well. I know people want to help, but this is not a simple application issue. There is a huge thread on this forum discussing the random reboots alone.

Wow! I never meant to start a thread about troubleshooting my phone. I was just curious to see if people are really sending crash reports to HTC to help them better determine the issues people are having with this handset.

I have read Support thread on the E3D for extensively and many people are having issues with this phone where they have not with other phones.

As far as troubleshooting, I have no plans to uninstall my apps one by one to see if these issues stop. If I can't use the phone the way it is intended, then I just rather move on.

There really is no reason why I should have to peel my battery cover off 3-4 times a day to do a reset, or have to call someone back explaining to them my phone just rebooted mid conversation. I have listed the apps I have and as you can see, there are not that many of them and they are heavily used, high rated apps.

I am an Engineer in the IT field and have spent the last 14 years of my life troubleshooting issues surrounding technology. This is not normal.

Upvote 0
hi,
there is no need to take anything personal here.

you are in IT for a while? great. that has nothing to do with why your handset is acting up.

the OPs first post in this thread asked about sending crash reports and followed up with saying their handset was crashing and rebooting, etc etc.

this is a support forum FIRST and that is what i am here to help do... provide support.

of course you will see many people post with issues. who posts on discussion forums saying their (fill in the blank device) works perfectly? hardly many.

there are thousands upon thousands of these handsets out in the wild.. you will of course have defective units of any mass produced device so its expected to see these postings.

now pardon me if i am willing to help but it just strikes me as odd if the OP only wants to take a poll of who simply sends crash reports and does not want to try and get support for his or her device.

if the op is also having issues with THREE units and they are ALL having the same errors even WHEN FACTORY RAN out of the box, a no brainer would be to simply return the device requesting money back and purchasing another model all together OR if they want to use the evo 3D try a different store that has a different batch of 3D units.

i am ASSuming that the OP has had this device for less than 30 days and that these issues happened right out of the box. certainly the op would not use a device past the 30 day window since it was showing these "defects" in a factory refresh state............

Reactions: jdsingle
Upvote 0
I guess I should do a better job of using emoticons in my posts. I in no way am taking anything personal :) . Broken gadgets don't make me emotional.

I really do appreciate your effort. These are fine forums with lots of knowledgeable folks running them.

Just to be clear, when you mentioned the OP having three phones, I never said I did, that was another user in this thread.

Ok, back on subject. The original reason for the poll was I am concerned as mentioned in other threads that people won't send the crash reports because of privacy concerns. Someone even mentioned using a foil hat...;)

So are 6 people send crash reports and 3 have never had a crash on their E3D. That is good news.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones