• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you still watch television?

An actuall television set, not to stream over Ipads, androids et all, talking about an actuall t.v.
- I may sound like an old geezer but just wondering if you really did.
Yes, all day and parts of the night. I have DirecTV and, therefore, have hundreds of channels to pick from. I DVR things that look interesting, and then zap through the ads while watching.

I can literally count on one hand how many times I've watched something from Amazon Prime on a computer. I have NEVER watched a show or movie on a phone or tablet--nor do I plan to. *shrug*

Upvote 0
Yes, all day and parts of the night. I have DirecTV and, therefore, have hundreds of channels to pick from. I DVR things that look interesting, and then zap through the ads while watching.

I can literally count on one hand how many times I've watched something from Amazon Prime on a computer. I have NEVER watched a show or movie on a phone or tablet--nor do I plan to. *shrug*
I have Dish network, and same with it, I pick out a show or movie I like to see, even without the commericals, I can zoom past them, or just fast forward it completely :D I am evil like that, is like they do not care hahahaaa :)

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Yep, we've had Sky TV for many years now, most of them with the Sky+ box to record and replay - ideal for fast forwarding through the adverts.

Two weeks ago we were upgraded to the Sky HD box courtesy of Sky because they no longer support the old Sky+ boxes - happy days :):).

We have the Sky Go app on our phones and a tablet which we use mainly for Catch up, also very handy to use with headphones so we can each watch something different without arguing about it :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
not to stream over Ipads, androids et all, talking about an actuall t.v.
Wait. Clarify the 'et al' part because, well, I stream everything to my TV but it's real TV. As real as TV is today anyway, not sure you're going to find someone with an OTA rabbit earred get up and turn the dial to one of three stations TVs ;)

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Wait. Clarify the 'et al' part because, well, I stream everything to my TV but it's real TV. As real as TV is today anyway, not sure you're going to find someone with an OTA rabbit earred get up and turn the dial to one of three stations TVs ;)
Meaning crystal clear qualities satalite , High Def Television with Surround sound :D HAHAHAHA @Rabbit ears ota :)

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
not sure you're going to find someone with an OTA rabbit earred get up and turn the dial to one of three stations TVs ;)
Ha ha, here in LA--even when I was a kid (when T.Rex was an animal, not one of my favorite musical groups)--we had more than 3 channels! :D We now have...shoot, I actually don't know, but probably 70(?). DirecTV doesn't [yet] carry all of the dot channels, like 2.2, so looking at its guide doesn't give me an accurate count, but it's at least 50.

Upvote 0
Ha ha, here in LA--even when I was a kid (when T.Rex was an animal, not one of my favorite musical groups)--we had more than 3 channels! :D We now have...shoot, I actually don't know, but probably 70(?). DirecTV doesn't [yet] carry all of the dot channels, like 2.2, so looking at its guide doesn't give me an accurate count, but it's at least 50.
And in the 'Pink Floyd' days there were 13 channels of sh*t on the TV to choose from. We've come a long way!!!

Upvote 0
I watch a combination of local OTA channels and Playstation Vue for streaming and recording. Really not much of the OTA, but use it just as a backup.
Alright man, I have not seen much on the PS3 myself, its like my backup, also my phone too. Just in case my t.v. gets warm.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones