1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do You Think Android And Apple Will Ever Team Up?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 1234west, Jul 12, 2013.

1. 1234west

1234west Android Enthusiast

I Don't Want It To Happen And I Doubt It Will, But I Guess My Cousin Had Been Reading An Article About It (I Believe It's False) Talking About An "iDroid" In 2027 -_-

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jasonzech

jasonzech Android Enthusiast

Oh hell no!!!

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

2027?

Who knows if we'll even have smart phones still.

Its safe to assume that articles fake :)

4. 1234west

Exactly And If We Did, Android 25.8 (Codename Lemon Meringue Pie) Lol ;) But He Doesn't Wanna Believe It. But Why Wait 14 Years To Join Forces When They Can Do It Now?!

5. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion

The day that happens is the day I become Batman.

6. Joelgp83

Joelgp83 Android Enthusiast

Well, we already know that we'll exclusively use flip phones in the 23rd century......so I think it's safe to say we won't be using smart phones in the future. ;) :p

7. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Apple may eventually wave the red flag and eventually make an Idroid but don't see that anytime soon. It sure would save them a bunch! The phone they make could actually be quite nice (though they are very fragile). Eveyone I know who uses one has broken the screen, what's up with that? LOL!

8. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Anyone guessing 14-years into the tech future is just plain foolish.

14-years ago....

- Myspace and Napster launched (both have come and gone mostly. Someone please put a bullet in the last myspace server)
    - Bluetooth spec was announced (and not shipping yet I think)
    - The Sega Dreamcast was the most cutting edge in home entertainment system available
    - Mobile gaming was all about the Game Boy

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Motorola teamed up with Apple once, and the result was a very malformed offspring. The ROKR E1 phone.

10. 1234west

iPhones Have An All Glass Body So If It Falls Once, It's Gone, Unless You Have Otterbox Lol

11. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Not any more, the iPhone 5 is made from aluminium so it's a bit more durable. :)

12. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

I would watch your back, I am pretty sure Steve Jobs is coming to haunt you.

13. 1234west

True, But I Seen Some People With Some Fudged Up iPhone 5s Lol ;)

14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Some people can break anything.

Team up?

Anything is possible.

What was the basis for the article?

iOS fails, Apple adopts Android?

Apple buys out Google?

iOS and Android fail in the face of some new mobile OS, like BlackBerry making a comeback?

Apple queen marries Google emperor at a secret ceremony in Switzerland?

By 2027, iOS indistinguishable from Ice Cream Sandwich?

funkylogik, LilBit and Rxpert83 like this.
  15. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Exactly lol. Apple could use android os if they wanted but i doubt the people who have spent a fortune on ios apps etc would be very happy :)

16. Joelgp83

I dunno, guys. I mean, its not like apple gave up and let you install and run windows natively on their computers instead o----- wait.

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

2027? I feel the same way. No article is going to pick a random date 14 years in the future. If it was a year or two away, it would be way more plausible than 14.

I fell it's more likely that a manufacturer and Apple would team up...or something where iOS gets installed on a Samsung device...

I also think in the next couple of releases, Apple will probably bring out two sizes of phone in the same year. One size will be more like the iPhone 4, and another will be larger than the iPhone 5. They are losing market share to all the folks who demand a larger screen. Rather than convincing the masses that large screen suck, it would be easier (and more profitable) to offer them a larger screen. Apple fans would eat that up too. Standing in line for 9 days to get the first 5" iPhone...:D

18. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Android Expert

Considering the litigative nature that Apple takes, I don't see this happening peacefully by Android just giving up. Considering the fast movement and rapid innovations that OEM's have been making with Android, El Goog won't go down. With the open nature, Android has the possibility to spring up in unexpected places, kinda like cockroaches and @Stinky Stinky.

However, on the other hand, releasing a new iPhone every year to year and a half with relatively minor changes has the potential to create burnout. Sure iPhones are solid but Apple has created a following that demands the new iPhone soon after the release of a new version. How long can they keep that up is the question. There could be a huge falling out by the time iPhone 6 rolls out and people start waking up. Perhaps, offering iPhone's using Android would be their last great innovation.

EarlyMon likes this.
  19. funkylogik

I think the dude who said we'l be usin flip phones in 2300 was right lol when has startrek ever been wrong? Plus we'l have wearable communication, tracking and universal translation devices. Maybe sooner rather than later ;)

1234west likes this.
  20. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Don't forget, about 14 years ago rumors were that Sun was going to buy apple (around here we called the rumored combined company "Snapple").

Now Sun no longer exists and no one can buy apple

21. Joelgp83

Uh, the d00d who said it was me. :p And yes, Star Trek is never wrong! ;)

funkylogik likes this.
  22. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I bet 10 quatloos that you're right!

23. funkylogik

Im a voyager man. sue me :D

24. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

It would be far more likely that BlackBerry stops trying to push its proprietary, email-centric (was probably cool in 1998 but email is not enough to sustain the company these days--these days everything is app-driven, who has the biggest app store wins) interface and adopts Android to keep itself afloat, than to expect Apple to cave and use an open-source OS.

Regarding BlackBerry, i am not sure how they can even claim it's a smartphone. there isn't a feature phone made that hasn't done everything BlackBerry can do and more (both have java-driven, cheesy apps/games, and both can do emails). i reactivated my old Curve a month ago and the App World (now upgraded to BlackBerry World) is about as empty as the old Cingular MEdia store.

As it stands now, Apple has two ways to win. 1) CHANGE SOMETHING!!! and 2) if Google's KLP ends up a failure somehow, and folks defect. right now everyone is getting very impatient waiting for Google to release the next version, but i fear the next version will be metro-interfaced like their Google Apps have become, which would bomb out, for sure.

But what is likely to happen is a redux of Apple when Jobs left the first time. remember the Newton? the Twentieth Anniversary Mac? the Pippin? yeah, neither do i lol. but this time he ain't coming back. and i doubt that Woz with his nixie-tube wristwatch can even save 'em now.

25. funkylogik

my wife has a curve lol but i havent tried BB 10. doesnt it natively run android apps?