1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Do you think MOTO will add other upgrades during the 4G upgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zipur, Mar 5, 2011.

1. zipur

zipur Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    I have been going back and forth on the two new latest devices. Every other day I find a fault with one or the other. I kinda settled on the Ipad2 till today when I picked up my son's Ipod touch, I hate it, I mean I really hate it.
    So I go to Best Buy and play with the Xoom, I really like it but...
    Next I read through the forums, and this Power Cord thing and the Loose backing flaw. But then I think 4G, Flash, Honey interface, drag and drop, SD card. It driving me nuts

So do you think they may correct the power cord issue during the 4g upgrade?

Advertisement

2. xxspark89xx

xxspark89xx Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    MA
    The power cord really isn't that big of an "issue". It's just fragile IMO. If you're that concerned about it, you can always use a dock to power and/or charge the XOOM. I don't believe there will be any hardware "fixes" coming anytime soon, unless there comes a major flaw that's uncovered and a recall or something takes place.

In regards to the XOOM vs. iPad2, it really is a hard decision. It really all depends on personal preference. Yes, both devices do have their set-backs, but they both are loaded with their perks as well.

The real difference that made me make my decision was the power of Android development. XOOM is an early device, and there leaves much to be beefed up in terms of the software, but the possibilities are ridiculous compared to Apple in general. It's the freedom that fits my style - and the ability to customize. With Apple, I feel like I'm held strapped down with so many constraints. However, 99% of the time, Apple is the way it is because it works. Where as, becoming apart of the Android environment makes me feel more at home, allowing me to do what I want with my device, and how I want it.

Hope that helps, if any.