• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you think, you have a chance with the 1000th clone?

Chance for 10000 install in a year?

• 0 %

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than 20 %

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sinusgamma

Lurker
May 16, 2016
I didn't want to ask this question elsewhere, because I will show, advertise, promote my app.

But the question is: What do you think, can a game become popular, if there are hundreds of its kind? For free of course. I know, that you can pour a lot of money into marketing, and then something happens, but if if you don't want to spend, or don't have the money.
It could be a case-study, how playstore lists the different games, and sometimes how unfair it is. Games with special, interesting features can sink forever, so for a 1000th clone it must be more difficult, if not inpossible to earn some popularity.

So in my case the app is a minesweeper, Minesweeper Relax. It isn't a great task to code it, but I think the design is good, it has the general features and some funny additions, but this isn't the next puzzle king. I made it for learning . . . and not only coding and design, but marketing as well. And this marketing thing seems to be the most difficult. As I sad, I know where is the place of my app (or I hope), but it is a bit depressing to see, that some other minesweeper with less feature, less design has installs so high, I don't even hope to reach.

Ok, I know, I have to move on, this is only a warm-up application, but I would like to know how did you feel when you made your first app, and what do you think about the chanses?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sinusgamma.msrelax&hl=en

sgt6cLv_nTOS2KuqWn8wX5M6Dqbh7dPZ0hUhWLtAzUgJHgymEZzkO9v9kdd0dXd4UQ=h900-rw
Hnr-GM71Z7NMIcfmE18-wqHPCWBDuHvHm6XXSzzuJrQJyqTDvDklAM81qfVAsiGHwwSD=h900-rw
AFMvcT8SJ7-p4X0TcymodkZrc1CVnIpCBEUCQ3r4hisnC4tANtNLdSXfTxj0rWatow=h900-rw

Reactions: Super Dreamer
Hello, i already download and play your game...you know what?! Yeah..! your game is wonderfull! The design, sound, and music are perfect :)
You made various & creative achievements & leaderboards, that's great ;)
No annoying ads.
As you said, there are many other minesweeper games with less design but reach so many downloads...hmm...face it guys! keep fight!!
*i already made my first game, and failed..hahaha :thinking::thinking::thinking:*

Reactions: sinusgamma
Upvote 0
Think of candy crush there are loads of apps which are of the same basis of it a bit like bejwelled and look at how popular they are :) so yeah you have a chance but not only that your app is amazing the design, the sound so your app will be a good hit.
im keeping this game on my phone :)
KUTGW.

Agree with you. I think Sinusgamma has unique style in making a game : design, music, sound, screenshots, etc.
I'm keeping this game on my phone too :)

Upvote 0
Think of candy crush there are loads of apps which are of the same basis of it a bit like bejwelled and look at how popular they are :) so yeah you have a chance but not only that your app is amazing the design, the sound so your app will be a good hit.
im keeping this game on my phone :)
KUTGW.

thanks :) , I hope the google search engine will think the same

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones