1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do you use Maps reviews?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dontpanicbobby, Jun 25, 2020.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I want to know who uses them and where you're from. :)

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Rarely, and when I do I usually check other sources too.

I think the only thing I've ever used is to check restaurants in cities I don't know so well, and if I'm doing that I usually check Open Streetmap based apps as well (in my experience all apps are incomplete and sometimes inaccurate in what premises they show. Plus I don't trust Google not to give prominence to those who pay most).

And as you know I'm in from the UK, but in normal circumstances I travel more widely. In fact I don't think I've ever looked at a Maps review when in the UK.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

4. Hadron

VIP Member

No, never. To be honest I very rarely write online reviews of anything.

5. dontpanicbobby

Cool.

I'm surprised.

You get followers.

6. Hadron

VIP Member

I'm remarkably unbothered by follower counts ;)

I have very occasionally written product reviews on shopping sites (when I think there has been something particularly noteable to say), more often have left reviews of hotels or apartments I've stayed in (in a personal capacity, not when travelling for work), and have written a small number of app reviews. I think that's it for online reviewing for me.

7. Slightly OT but I'm delirious from the sun:

This reminds me of when I first bought car magazines in the 70's. Near the back of I think What Car magazine there were boxes with a bw photo of every car then on sale, with short summaries of each ......

Anyway, for the Volvo 240 (maybe the later 740/760) saloon / sedan :

===========================
    Volvo 240

GSC2451.jpg

For : Built like a tank.

Against:
    Built like a tank.

Overall :
    Built like a tank.

===============================

Davdi and Hadron like this.
  8. dontpanicbobby

9. I'll go to a Maps review to see the interior photos of a cafe or other place. Google staff are half - assed about investigating a contribution to correct a relevant error (location /road access/times, closed down /moved). I removed all my reviews a couple of years ago (I was young and innocent) and ignore requests for reviews.

It seems a new thing is you take a photo of half your thumb and half a wall and later plops the photo on your screen saying "Add this to Google Maps for others to enjoy? " or similar :rolleyes: