Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trident, Apr 10, 2010.
The Droid's physical keyboard: some hate it, some love. Do you use it?
Yup, I use it 95% of the time. Love it. The other 5% is speech to text!
there is a physical keyboard!!!!! i would get the nexus just for the reason of not having it
I've used the keyboard maybe 5 times and I've had my Droid since day 1. Guess you can put me in the "hate it" category as a result.
The Eris was just too slow and I've owned a Nexus One as well but T-Mobile's service is still garbage where I live. I will be ditching the Droid for the HTC Incredible in a few weeks. Less bulk and no keyboard with Android 2.1 + Verizon is just what I'm looking for.
The physical keyboard is great. It is more then just for typing. Learning and using all the shortcuts is way faster than finding the icons. Most of my apps I launch from the keyboard. Much faster when multi tasking.
I bet most who dislike the keyboard have never really tried the shortcuts.
Only used it to test it.
Once you set your shortcuts up, it is so fast! I can launch 6 different apps faster than most can launch 2 apps. No looking for icons,30 apps at my thumb tips. Plus it is easier to hold the phone and I get a FULL screen when I do type.
Just to reboot the phone Shift/Alt/Delete
I love the physical keyboard! I think it's easier to hold with it out anyway.
Took awhile for me to use it as I was always using the onscreen keyboard. I got tired of the screen always being taken up by the keyboard and text field so I started forcing myself to use it. Now, I use it all the time. Just took a little time to get used to it but I type on it just as fast as I can the virtual keyboard. Plus, I have it open all the time cause it makes the phone great to hold onto when playing games of just surfing the net.
I use mine all the time.
I hate the keyboard. Virtual for me baby!
Keyboard is for more than just typing.
I mainly just use the physical keyboard for game emulators and filling out online forms so I can see the form without the virtual keyboard covering up the screen. The rest of the time I Swype.
I like the physical keyboard, but don't use it. I'm a bad speller and the word suggest/auto complete is my savior. But it doesn't work with the physical keyboard.
The virtual keyboard use up the screen, so you can't see the next field
If I'm typing a short text or something, I'll use the virtual keyboard, but if I'm typing a novel, I'll use the physical one. Also use it for web forms like some of you do. I wouldn't have gotten the Droid if it didn't have a physical keyboard to it.
Hey bro, just download this htc hero virtual keyboard apk and you'll get the word suggest/auto complete for your physical keyboard. Its quick, simple and easy!
HTC Keyboard on myTouch 3G - Android Forums
The physical keyboard is one of the main reasons I will always have a Droid from now on. If you're ordering anything online, the physical keyboard KICKS ASS... without a doubt. I also use it when working with Excel. If you're doing these types of things, the physical keyboard is far superior to any soft keyboard, including Swype (and I LOVE Swype).
I also intend to create my shortcuts and use the keyboard to launch apps in order to save time.
I use it for shortcuts, but for anything else, it is just a waste. It's so bad that I think it is a ploy to make you buy the Droid2.
I use it sometimes. the seido case makes it more of a chore though.
I love the keyboard I never use the software keyboard at all
I use it alot more now that I can actually open it with my seidio case. When I used the VZW one, it was too much of a struggle to open. Short texts I use virtual though. And very long texts I use speech to text.
I rarely use it except check the fields I'm filling out on sites. Guess I haven't really tried it enough. Every time I've tried I always ended up fat fingering the keys. I hope when the 2nd version comes out they give it a much better keyboard cause I really do like having the option. And please add auto correct somehow.