1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do you wear a wristwatch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GeoffBot, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Do you wear a wristwatch?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2013.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Sometimes

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

Hi

On my watch forum we wondered what percentage of normal people wear watches so I was wondering whether you wouldn't mind voting in my poll.

Advertisement

2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

I used to, but stopped because the bands tend to irritate my skin or arm hair gets caught and tugs, which is a pain in the bum.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

I've not worn one in ages. I used to always wear one but stopped about the time I had a cell phone. I don't even have a 'real' clock in my house, between my cable box/laptop/phone I know what time it is :)

horsecharles likes this.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

I wear one. And I wear it on my right arm:) Do most folks wear it on their left arm?

I find it quicker to see the date/time instead of whipping out my phone (If I have my phone on me).

I like the metal band watches and tend not to spend more than $50.00 just in case it gets busted at work :)

5. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

I've pretty much stopped wearing a watch when I got my first cellphone. Now I only wear one on special occasions.

6. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

Plenty of alternatives to bracelets - leather straps (though sweaty/smelly in summer), snake, frog, canvas straps...

I wear a watch as man jewellery - not functionality per-se as I'm usually near a PC or phone (though I went camping last weekend so it was useful). I don't have any other jewellry to express myself (aside from my wedding ring, though this isn't very expressive). I have 7 watches for different occasions - dressy, diving etc; some guys on my watch forum have 200.

Most wear on their left; it's usually southpaws/lefties who wear on their right. Are you?

zefaia and ocnbrze like this.
  7. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Android Expert

I wear mine on my left hand. I got a nice Seiko watch, it's kineticly powered, which is cool. It's no Rolex, but not a Timex either. I also like that I never have to change the date. It works when people ask, what day it is.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

I think it's more a case of most people wear it on their non-dominant hand, where it gets in the way less often.

I should wear mine more often (my job often precludes handling my phone whilst working), but I never get around to having the battery replaced.

9. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

As pointed out above by Geoffbot, you usually wear your watch on your opposite hand so that you can turn your wrist to see the time while using your dominate hand. Don't know why, but I am right handed and have always worn a watch on my right hand.

I wear a watch as a fashion accessory.

10. keatingschick

keatingschick Well-Known Member

Dunno how to vote, but yes I wear a watch, I can't NOT wear one. If I didn't have a watch on I'd feel more weird than if I went out with o clothes on!!!

I wear it n my left arm and I have a specific watch for work and one for when I'm not working, I love big chunky watches.

And I prefer digital because I'm a bit obsessive about time (maybe that's why I can't not wear a watch), and one of my pet hates is poor time keeping, when I'm at work I get a break and ill literally look at my own watch and ill go to the exact minute, so if I'm sent on my break at 11.33 ill return at 12.33.

11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I have a Seiko for when I just need a watch, but I also have a Pebble, which I wear at work, it's great for when I'm in meetings and commuting.

12. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yes, though I do wear it on my dominant arm (insofar as I have one - "left-biassed ambilateral" would probably be the best description of me).

Just the one - a slim Titanium Tissot. No fancy functions, just has to tell the time reliably. I find it much more convenient than digging the phone out of a pocket and turning the screen on.

13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I can honestly say I've never worn one :eek:

14. jonbanjo

jonbanjo Well-Known Member

I usually wear a cheap analogue watch. I find them (at least some thing with say black hands on a white face) easier to read at a glance than digital ones. I prefer a leather strap.

I'm a left hander who wears his watch on his left hand. I suppose out of habit these days but I guess originally I probably just thought that was the correct way to wear a watch. Other than knowing I was left handed I don't think I gave the issue any thought when I was younger. I use an knife and fork ,scissors, play guitar, mandolin, etc. right handed.

15. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I used to wear one. My last one died and I decided to not replace it as my phone kept better time.

16. mrex

mrex Android Enthusiast

Sometimes. Now Im waiting the Swatch ;-) whether to buy it or not...

17. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You

I usually wear one as long as I remember to put it on when I wake up. I have a few, couple of cheap ones (cheap but shiny) for semi smart occasions. My everyday watch was bought for my 30th, a Titanium Citizen eco drive, so it can take everyday punishment without getting ruined.

18. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I had a Rolex I bought in Shenzhen. Only wore it for a few days...the minute hand fell off. Normally I don't wear watches. BTW I had another look around the wholesale KIRF watch mall when I was in Shenzhen again recently....just looking...not buying this time.

In the 80s I used wear those Casio geek watches, ones that could store names and telephone numbers. But that was before mobile phones. I might try an Android watch though, because I am still a geek at heart...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1004385722/Touch_Screen_Smartphone_watch_Android_watch.html
    Touch-screen Android watch by Shenzhen Enjoy Fashion Electronics Co. Ltd. :thumb:

19. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

I wear a Citizen. I like the no battery. 10 years between a charge is OK to.

20. huh

huh Android Expert

no

it would bother me too much ...I think:)

21. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

This is the watch to get:

Breitling Emergency

You have to sign an agreement that you are subject to a US$30,000 fine if you set if off for fun.

22. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I used to wear one alot but as time went on I stop wearing it as much. I do have a Bulova watch I've had since 2002.

[​IMG]

23. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

I didn't see a price on that link, but I don't think I want to know :eek: :p
    (well, perhaps a little)
    Looks cool though :D

24. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert