• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you wear a wristwatch?

Do you wear a wristwatch?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's called '91 Weather' and seems to be the only one without the bug which would pulse the vibrator motor and display the 'no signal' off and on. i found it via Google Search. i think it requires some app for httpebble or pebble connect but not sure. anything it does require goes to Google Play to get it. i did use Roboto Weather which was more G-Now like but it had that annoying bug. this one is a bit busy, with sunrise/sunset times, temp, current weather/temp, date, time, and badges for any missed calls/SMS messages. i am not sure what the 'CWxx' means, every few days it goes up one digit. when i installed it it had 'CW30' but now shows 'CW32'

Upvote 0
I wear a IWC Aquatimer 2000

lifestyle_intro_Aquatimer-Automatic_2000_IW356802.jpg

A very nicely build watch . I wear it almost all the time.

Upvote 0
It's called '91 Weather' and seems to be the only one without the bug which would pulse the vibrator motor and display the 'no signal' off and on. i found it via Google Search. i think it requires some app for httpebble or pebble connect but not sure. anything it does require goes to Google Play to get it. i did use Roboto Weather which was more G-Now like but it had that annoying bug. this one is a bit busy, with sunrise/sunset times, temp, current weather/temp, date, time, and badges for any missed calls/SMS messages. i am not sure what the 'CWxx' means, every few days it goes up one digit. when i installed it it had 'CW30' but now shows 'CW32'

Possibly Calendar Week?

Reactions: nickdalzell
Upvote 0
Until Google Glass can make phone calls without being tethered via BlueTooth to my phone, and until it can function as more than a glorified HUD that my 1992 Bonneville has had for over a decade, it just doesn't interest me. currently it seems to only show the weather and time, basic SMS reading, and possibly a speedometer. apps i'd like to use on it, mostly for the simulation and sci-fi aspect, like Terminator HUD or Predator Vision, are banned by Google for Glass. even Iron Man HUD is banned. sucks. my watch can pull of Google Now-style cards without affecting my vision at work. since i don't wear glasses, they would be in the way. i thought of buying the more-functional and better looking ReconJet for 1/3 the price of Glass, but since they are basically sunglasses, and since i'd be at work more than not, indoors, they would not be very handy while my smartwatch can act like a flip-phone's secondary LCD and provide me basic music controls, Caller ID, SMS alerts, and weather/date/time. The Pebble keeps my phone in its holster and avoids the extra steps of having to pull it out, wake it, unlock and go to whatever app. it also saves battery as i hardly use the screen.

Upvote 0
I would have voted 'no' but the poll is closed for some reason.

Same reason as NYCHitman - irritates my skin. Doesn't matter whether it's metal, plastic, or leather.

Also for some reason I could never obtain the ideal tightness/looseness for a strap.
Either it was too tight and made me feel claustrophobic, or it was too loose and the watch would slip down onto the base of my hand and constrict my wrist movement, requiring me to continually slip it back up my arm.

But the weird thing that used to happen when I had a watch was that I would lift my arm up to check the time and a second later would realize that I didn't know the time and would have to look again. It was like I was habitually looking at the watch but not paying conscious attention to what I was seeing. Weird. :eek:

I don't do that any more, now that I have to fish my phone out of my pocket to check the time. I only do it when I want to know the time, not as an unconscious impulse to look at my watch.

Upvote 0
I have found that I drop my phone a lot less steer wearing a watch.

same here. my GS3 has not one scratch but sadly my new smartwatch i paid $149 for looks horrible. it got bathed in gasoline from a golf cart mishap on Friday. it didn't ruin the plastic but it stinks and has some additional gashes all over the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones