1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dock apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jondread, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jondread

jondread Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    So I bought a dock today for my HTC sensation, it's made by a company called Leicke. Although it doesn't automatically launch Dock mode when I plug in my device.

I have checked the box which says "Auto-Launch" but still it does not launch it when it's plugged in. I'm guessing this is because it's not a HTC brand dock?

Are there any Apps I can download which will put the phone into Dock mode as soon as it's plugged in? Would be kinda nice not to have to navigate through my menu every time I put my phone in it's dock.

Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. nuada

nuada Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    I have the same phone and dock.
    The dock does not have the magnet which triggers the sensations mode.
    You can use something like AutomateIt (in the market) to enable rotation and start the clock when plugged in and disable it and kill the clock when plugged out. I think killing stuff requires root.

3. jmonahan

jmonahan Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    Check out Plug-In Launcher in the market, very cool allows you to automate commands when anything is pluged in (power or headphones, even bluetooth) I have used it for a while very sweet.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    The dock should has a 47kOhm resistor on its microUSB plug, between pin4 and pin5. With this coding the Sensation goes automatically in dock mode.

So if you are a do-it-yourself type ... :)
    ... have a look in the dock. There should be a little breakout board with enough space for that resistor.

Harry