• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dock for Video, Keyboard, and Mouse

Smartphone

Jan 28, 2010
My boys (ages 7 & 9) PC computers are old and dying fast. I have considered getting them laptops but we travel often. I got to thinking that they really do not really need a PC. My thought is to buy them both a monitor, keyboard, and mouse that hook to a dock to hook up to a Nexus 7. Does anyone know of such a dock or setup or way to hook this type of system up?

Thanks.

Thank you for the information. I will keep my fingers crossed for the Nexus 7 doc on Thursday. Otherwise, I believe that I can have a solution in September with the Acer Iconia Tab A110. If my information is correct the HDMI and the ability to add a memory card is an advantage over the Nexus 7. I think that I would still prefer the 16 GB Nexus 7 though if they do indeed come out with the doc (jellybean and faster updates).

Upvote 0
Maybe a Nexus 7 is all they really need for now. Maybe the time for monitors, keyboards, and mouse has gone and had its heyday. I know what you mean about preferring the Google support and instant upgrades of the Nexus 7 over the Acer 110. Same here.

Take a look at this video of someone connecting a raspberry pi to a TV and then mirroring an android phone to the TV without using any HDMI. Perhaps that could work for connecting a monitor or TV to the Nexus 7??? http://liliputing.com/2012/07/andro...re-raspberry-pi-turns-tv-android-display.html

Reactions: Smartphone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones