1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dock for Video, Keyboard, and Mouse

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smartphone, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

My boys (ages 7 & 9) PC computers are old and dying fast. I have considered getting them laptops but we travel often. I got to thinking that they really do not really need a PC. My thought is to buy them both a monitor, keyboard, and mouse that hook to a dock to hook up to a Nexus 7. Does anyone know of such a dock or setup or way to hook this type of system up?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Android Enthusiast

I don't think there is any way to connect an external monitor to the N7.

3. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Android Enthusiast

I don't mean to change your topic completely but you might be interested in the All winner A10, beaglebone, or raspberry pi, all of which can hook up to a monitor and will cost less than $100.

Now, bringing this back to topic, there are rumors that Google will announce the dock next Thursday. I can't wait!!!

Smartphone likes this.
  4. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Android Enthusiast

Smartphone likes this.
  5. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information. I will keep my fingers crossed for the Nexus 7 doc on Thursday. Otherwise, I believe that I can have a solution in September with the Acer Iconia Tab A110. If my information is correct the HDMI and the ability to add a memory card is an advantage over the Nexus 7. I think that I would still prefer the 16 GB Nexus 7 though if they do indeed come out with the doc (jellybean and faster updates).

6. CrackBaby

Maybe a Nexus 7 is all they really need for now. Maybe the time for monitors, keyboards, and mouse has gone and had its heyday. I know what you mean about preferring the Google support and instant upgrades of the Nexus 7 over the Acer 110. Same here.

Take a look at this video of someone connecting a raspberry pi to a TV and then mirroring an android phone to the TV without using any HDMI. Perhaps that could work for connecting a monitor or TV to the Nexus 7??? http://liliputing.com/2012/07/andro...re-raspberry-pi-turns-tv-android-display.html

Smartphone likes this.
  7. CrackBaby

When is the dock coming out?
    WHEN WHEN WHEN

8. rootbrain

rootbrain Android Enthusiast

Get off the crack, Baby!

Sorry couldn't resist :D

But really, have patience, gonna give itself a stroke.

Rootbrain

9. CrackBaby

HaHA!! :D you got me!! :eek: