• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dock & incoming calls

omeyga

Dec 26, 2009
Florence, Alabama
When my phone is on the dock and I receive an incoming call there is no sound, either through the stereo speakers or from the phone. The only notification there's an incoming call is the trackball lighting up. Obviously this could lead to missed calls.

Is there a setting i'm missing so that I can actually get an audio notification of incoming calls when on the dock?

When my phone is on the dock and I receive an incoming call there is no sound, either through the stereo speakers or from the phone. The only notification there's an incoming call is the trackball lighting up. Obviously this could lead to missed calls.

Is there a setting i'm missing so that I can actually get an audio notification of incoming calls when on the dock?

On top of that, when I SAW the phone ringing on the dock the other day and picked it up to answer the call, I couldn't hear the other party. When I tried to call them back, the call connected but I still couldn't hear them. I this b/c the phone was paired with the dock? Do I have to turn off blue tooth before I can answer a call?

Upvote 0
Went and checked my N1 and dock and I have both ringtone and vibrate working just as I have set. Not sure why you are not getting the ringtone? You don't have you phone set to silent mode under 'Sound & display settings' in settings do you? :)

Alarm in Dock Issue

I did notice that when I put the N1 in dock the alarms will not work unless I have the clock app working before I insert it into the dock. Now if I stick the N1 into the dock the clock app will start, but alarm will not trigger. As long as clock app is running before I insert into the dock the alarm works. If I kill it and then put it into dock it will not work even though the info bar shows the alarm is set and the screen shows the time it will come on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones