• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doctor Who

One of the scariest things that happened to me was a couple ofv years ago near Manchester. I went into a branch of Greg's to buy lunch, turned around and saw a dalek come in. And then it saw me and looked me right in the eyes with its eyestalk.

Inside my head an odd tug of war happened between my 30 year self... Who knew it was there was a man with a remote control nearby and it was a publicity stunt for a doctor who exhibition.... And my 12 year old self that was screaming OH **** ITS A DALEK!!!!

Weird, cool and scary at the same time.

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
That's awesome! Sadly, being an American Whovian means I never get opportunities like that.

Yeh, being a Whovarian in China, we never get opportunities like that either.

I did see something absolutely hilarious a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Who: Invasion Earth 2150, Rifftrax version. "Daleks should get Bluetooth or WiFi fitted then STFU!!" :D

Upvote 0
Yeh, being a Whovarian in China, we never get opportunities like that either.

Yes... but on the plus side it means you neverat have to eat lunch from Greg's

anyway.. afterwards I took a couple of pics on my sony k750 as it went down the high street...

Upvote 0
Yes... but on the plus side it means you neverat have to eat lunch from Greg's

Yeh that's a good thing, no Greggs... :puke:

I do miss bread pudding though. But on the other hand Chinese takeaways tend to be much better here.

anyway.. afterwards I took a couple of pics on my sony k750 as it went down the high street...

We do have Daleks in China though.
Inflatable_Yellow_Dalek_Inflatable_Dalek_Inflatable_Robot.jpg

Inflatable KIRF Daleks from the planet Shenzhen.

殄! 殄! 殄!

Inflatable Yellow Dalek/inflatable Dalek/inflatable Robot - Buy Inflatable Dalek,Giant Inflatable Robot,Inflatable Robot Toy Product on Alibaba.com

Upvote 0
So I'm watching Marvel: Agents of Shield and Patton Oswald is doing a psych eval test on the team.
One part is a question, "you are on a desert Island, there is a box. What's in it?"

He asks everyone and one of the team members asks how big the box is, dude responds with "just say the first thing that comes to your mind"

Team member counters with, "the Tardis." I about fell out, lol, was not expecting that! I started to explain it to my daughter and she was like, "I know what the Tardis is, it means Dr who right."

Priceless, lol

Upvote 0
Yeh that's a good thing, no Greggs... :puke:

I do miss bread pudding though. But on the other hand Chinese takeaways tend to be much better here.

We do have Daleks in China though.
Inflatable_Yellow_Dalek_Inflatable_Dalek_Inflatable_Robot.jpg

Inflatable KIRF Daleks from the planet Shenzhen.

殄! 殄! 殄!

Inflatable Yellow Dalek/inflatable Dalek/inflatable Robot - Buy Inflatable Dalek,Giant Inflatable Robot,Inflatable Robot Toy Product on Alibaba.com

One thing I've taken from my trip to that corner of the world is I'll never call what we get here Chinese, Thai, Cambodian or Japanese foods again!

That said, when does the new season start?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I read this interesting interview with Steven Moffat today in the print version.

Doctor Who 50th: Steven Moffat on the "monstrously stressful" Day of the Doctor

It also had a sidebar with some info on the upcoming season; apparently we'll be treated to a full, twelve-episode run with no interruption, Keeley Hawes (phwarr!) makes an appearance as a villain, and The Paternoster Gang make a return.

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh :D
NO INTERRUPTION!!!!!!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones