1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Documents To Go - Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EarsToVanGogh, Apr 29, 2011.

1. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Does anybody have experience with this app? I have the full version (and the free version because you are required to have it also) but I can't get any recognition that the Xoom is connected to my pc with the USB.
    My pc recognizes the Xoom in My Computer as a device.

They talk about a notification bar and needing to tap and pull that down, but I don't have a notification bar to tap. Any ideas? (We are trying to check that the Xoom is connected to the pc via the USB by doing something on the (non-existent) notification bar.)

If the notification bar is the area with the time, WiFi indicator and battery indicator, I have that in the lower left of the screen. I know that the Xoom is connected to the pc because I can access all of the Xoom files from my pc.

There is nothing that indicates that the USB is connected on the Xoom's screen.

Thanks much.

Advertisement

2. 3devious

3devious Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    I have the full app. What exactly are you trying to do with it?

3. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm having a few issues, starting with it not letting me register it. I couldn't go through their website for support without it being registered, but a message comes up saying that I don't have an internet connection... even though I am on the internet at the time.

All of their forums are locked, so I can't post for help there.

I also can't get the Xoom and the pc to play together for this app. On the pc, in "My Computer" it recognizes the Xoom via the USB. The Xoom will not do the same and gives me the instructions again for connecting the USB, etc. etc. The Xoom gives me a message about tapping and holding the icon in the corner and pulling it down for the notification bar, but there is nothing in any corner.

I want to put a pc Excel file on the Xoom and be able to work with it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

4. inferno1

inferno1 Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    When you connect the xoom to the PC, it should show up as a hardrive on the PC, just drag the excel file from the PC to the xoom....
    Another option is to upload the excel file to Google docs on your pc and then you should be able to edit it from Google docs on the xoom (using docs to go)
    Does that help? Or did I miss understand the issue?

Thanx
    Danny

5. 3devious

3devious Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    I think Docs to Go has a PC setup now that will let you edit office documents and sync them to a mobile device. I've gotten too deep with OpenOffice to want to change my workflow so I never used that functionality and never thought about it until the second query.

I'm not certain that this part has been tested by Datavis with the Xoom. If it doesn't work as you think it should, don't be afraid to drop them a line. If they don't have a Xoom to test with, they may not even know about the bug.

6. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Hiya.

I did try to drag the file to the Xoom (as it showed as a drive on the pc), but it wouldn't go. I can't remember the message I got. I'll have to try it again and write it down this time.

I don't have Google docs on my pc... how does that work?

I'd like to get in touch with Datavis, but I haven't been able to find an actual email address (where I didn't have to fill out a form with my non-existent registration), nor a phone number. If they can get it to work with the Xoom, I'd pleased-as-punch. If not, I'll spend the fifteen bucks at the Dairy Queen. :D

Thanks for your help, inferno & devious.

(I just found what I think is the main phone number for the company. I'll give them a ring and see if they can point me to the right person.)

7. inferno1

inferno1 Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    if you can't drag the file over to the xoom then that's another issue. Your xoom should look just like a hard drive to the computer....

Danny

8. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Hey, Danny.

It works! I don't know why it wouldn't let me drag-n-drop to the Xoom on the pc - because it did recognize the Xoom - but now it does. Perhaps just closing everything, disconnecting everything, reconnecting everything, etc. was the trick.

Like the guys on one of my favorite shows (The IT Crowd) say: Did you try turning it off and on again? :p

I'm rockin-n-rollin' now. You people are the best.

THANKS!

9. inferno1

inferno1 Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    glad we could be of service :)

10. chrisg87

chrisg87 Lurker
    None

May 13, 2011
    Hello, I am having trouble regestering my documents to go 3.0 on my xoom.

I keep getting an error message saying that no internet connection is available. I have read a few threads where people have also said they have had the same issue and I was just wondering if anyone has found a way to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

11. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    what does DOCs to go have to do with your internet connection? are you able to get online when this is occurring?

do a forced reset. vol up + power key = reboot. then make sure you are on the internet and attempt.

are you rooted?

do you have 3G version or wifi version?

do you have 3.1?

12. 3devious

3devious Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    When I couldn't figure it out on my R2D2 D2, I sent DATAVIS a note and they helped me out.

13. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    hey, i actually have a slightly different question about docstogo, i also have the full app and i was wondering if it was possible to make headers and footers? i cant figure it out but maybe somebody else could. i really need to be able to have headers and all that because for my english hw it has to be in mla format. Sorry, i know thats not what this thread is about, but can anybody help me?

14. 3devious

3devious Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    Your question isn't off topic at all. In fact, this is such a basic and almost essential feature, it merits a query to DataVis. They have been at this for a very long time. They've been doing this pretty much since the first non-Microsoft smartphones came out.

As far as I can tell, you can't do it and documents that have them, don't show them either. I can't print with it anyway, so that is no real surprise.