1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dodgy App?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i9300, Dec 23, 2012.

1. i9300

i9300 Newbie

A couple of days ago I downloaded an app. called angry frogs. Today I had a notification from my TrustGo security application saying that it had found a security risk. The risk being that angry frogs used an ad service called leadbolt which could possibly access your telephone number and pass it to third parties. I uninstalled it immediately. Anyone have any further info on this? Is trustgo being a bit over the top?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Trust Go isn't wrong, potentially, the application would be able do that, but it depends whether the developer would actually exploit this possibility or not, it's all about how much you trust the application itself. For example, there are some applications TrustGo would consider legitimate just because the developer is someone you can trust of.

i9300 likes this.
  3. i9300

i9300 Newbie

Thanks for the information. I wont take the risk then. I will leave it uninstalled.

4. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

Some dodgy apps can push unwanted ads to your phone so, although I don't know whether your app is considered dodgy because of that, maybe you should look at the following apps which will scan your phone for such issues. I've not used either of them, but both have been recommended here before and seem to be highly rated.

Addons Detector:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEwNCwiY29tLmRlbnBlci5hZGRvbnNkZXRlY3RvciJd

Airpush Detector:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS5icm9zbWlrZS5haXJwdXNoZGV0ZWN0b3IiXQ..

i9300 likes this.
  5. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Android Enthusiast

Yeah Leadbolt is an air push ad company. If you re install the app using it not only will you constantly get spammed with annoying ads it could cause a security issue.

i9300 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews