• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dodo's pendo pad its it worth it.?

dooonster

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hey everyone ive just got a pendo pad and needless to say im impressed enough for my recomendation to anyone who wants a cheap pad for what i use it for. movies and quick browsing.

first things first
yes its an eclair rom
ro.board.platform=rk2808sk
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.product.brand=rockchip
ro.product.device=sdkDemo
ro.product.model=sdkDemo
ro.build.date.utc=1290742704
ro.build.date=Fri Nov 26 11:38:24 CST 2010
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.product=sdkDemo
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.name=sdkDemo
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.host=yuxing-desktop
ro.build.version.sdk=7
ro.product.board=trout
ro.build.display.id=V0.18.ECLAIR.eng.root.20101126.104909
ro.build.id=ECLAIR
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.build.description=sdkDemo-user 2.1-update1 ECLAIR eng.root.20101126.104909 test-keys
ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1
ro.build.user=root
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.root.20101126.104909
ro.wifi.channels=

can you root the device

Nope

if somone can root it tell me how the only thing thats bad about this device is the stupid cell service and if we could delete that apk then all would be awsome but somthing stops the device from being rooted.

anyway it gets hot its cheap skype wont work on it and so on but as i said if i wanted somthing that did that id go get the samsung or viewsonic.

for what this is its a good tablet and me and my mrs love it.

Pendo Is not developed here in australia and is owned by Dodo as is off the back of the truck. When you log into this puppy through adb ir shows a 11223344 serial and this is all of them. Hence Pendopad being a clone and a half baked operating system. there is no support at all for the harware nore the software on these tablets at all. I have spent weeks trying to get the information out of Pendo and they tell me if it isn't in the manual then it isnt any good. I am going to have to apply through the freedom of information act of australia to get this stuff and even then I can see a stugle though the courts coming out of it. My advice is stay away from them. as it has been said before the cell network crap takes up 70% of the battery and there is no way at all to root these things. and further searching shows that rooting can not be done either. the system file is locked up tighter than Oj after a murder. The stick is rubbish as well it dropps and cuts all the time, My advice is go for something on ebay for the same price atleast them you will be able to do something with it.
Hope this helps.

I say BOYCOT this peice of crap at any cost they are not worth the baords they are printed on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones