• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does **583385## also turn off 1xrtt??

pss3054b

Dec 5, 2010
I have used the code to turn off my 4G to save power (so my phone can last my work day) but I was wonder how come I am not about to get 1xRtt. I thought that was part of the CDMA and not LTE. Is there a way to activate the 1x while disabling 4G? (Just so I can get email)

I have used the code to turn off my 4G to save power (so my phone can last my work day) but I was wonder how come I am not about to get 1xRtt. I thought that was part of the CDMA and not LTE. Is there a way to activate the 1x while disabling 4G? (Just so I can get email)
The option that says "Enable CDMA Only Mode" should do what your asking after you select it and reboot the phone. Its not working for you?

Upvote 0
"Enable CDMA Only Mode" is the option I picked. I rebooted the phone. 4G is off and so is 1x. I get even surf the web on 1x. That is why I am wondering if that is normal. I can receive calls and text messages fine but I don't have any sort of internet and I thought 1X was part of 1X. I want to know if that is normal for this phone or is there a way to turn on 1x while having 4G off.

Upvote 0
"Enable CDMA Only Mode" is the option I picked. I rebooted the phone. 4G is off and so is 1x. I get even surf the web on 1x. That is why I am wondering if that is normal. I can receive calls and text messages fine but I don't have any sort of internet and I thought 1X was part of 1X. I want to know if that is normal for this phone or is there a way to turn on 1x while having 4G off.

Thats strange, I have my phone in CDMA Only Mode and everything is fine. I have 1x wrking and 4g is off.:thinking: Im not really sure what the fix would be but im sure someone here will be able to help you. But until then you can use the LTE shortcut method, I know it sux that 4g comes back on after making/receiving a phone call and you have to shut it off again but it should hold you over until someone can help you with a better fix. If you dnt knw about the shortcut, just dwnload "Anycut' from the market (Here ya go) once you have it installed create a shortcut and youll see the Anycut option, click it and go to Activity, scroll down until you see "LTE Functionality Test" click it, name the short cut what you want then click ok. When your shortcut is made and you click on it youll see at the top, "Turn ON" and "Turn OFF" thats to turn 4g on/off, I wouldnt mess with anything else on that screen unless you knw what your doing. Hope this helps ya.

Upvote 0

That code does not stop data all together. Try placing a call and hanging up and see if it comes back. That's what I do (1x/4g) to reset my data connection. Reboot the phone. If that doesn't work put it back to global and see if it works. At that point if it is still not working I see a call to 611 in your future.

Upvote 0
seems like you need 611 help my friend.
The LTEMode shortcut (**583385##) should work fine if you used the right option
It has three modes: LTE Only -- which gives you only 4g access (i.e no phone calls, no text message, no CDMA network access at all)
CDMA Only -- Kills the 4g radio. 1x or 3G data should still work from that option.
Global Mode -- Both CDMA and 4g radios are on. So whichever network is available is used, with preference given to 4g, then 4g and finally 1x.

If you issue a long call or restart the phone, before the 4g icon pops up, 1x should appear for at least a short while, since the phone was basically on CDMA. If you do not see that, and instead is left with an empty space until you get 4g, then yeah, your data settings are not set properly by metro.

Upvote 0
1x is the voice and slower data speed side of the cell site, or if you go over the 2Gb usage the carrier will push you to 1x to keep you from hoggin bandwidth. Normally you should see 3G unless you have a poor cell signal. Check in settings/about phone/status and scroll down to mobile network type, you should see Evdo Rev A or Evdo rev 0 if your are on the 3g network.

Upvote 0
Thats strange, I have my phone in CDMA Only Mode and everything is fine. I have 1x wrking and 4g is off.:thinking: Im not really sure what the fix would be but im sure someone here will be able to help you. But until then you can use the LTE shortcut method, I know it sux that 4g comes back on after making/receiving a phone call and you have to shut it off again but it should hold you over until someone can help you with a better fix. If you dnt knw about the shortcut, just dwnload "Anycut' from the market (Here ya go) once you have it installed create a shortcut and youll see the Anycut option, click it and go to Activity, scroll down until you see "LTE Functionality Test" click it, name the short cut what you want then click ok. When your shortcut is made and you click on it youll see at the top, "Turn ON" and "Turn OFF" thats to turn 4g on/off, I wouldnt mess with anything else on that screen unless you knw what your doing. Hope this helps ya.
the LTE is only data, web surfing... When you make a phone call it is on 1x, think of it as voice. When your phone is just sitting there or you are on the web it will say 4G if you are on lte, when you place a phone call the 4G will dissapear and it will say nothing until you end the call then it will go back to 4G or #3G if you have lte shut off.

Upvote 0

I live in SF Bay area and have tried the **583385## to switch from 4G to 3G and it works!!!!! I get 3G/1X when I use the CDMA mode and my phone is able to surf web, etc. I don't know what 1xRtt is. Anyway, I will be testing out the 3G vs 4G during the day to see how much the battery improves. Thanks to all that recommended this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones