• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Android have a auto-fill function for web forms? Or any app?

ACH

Lurker
Jul 16, 2009
Hi!

I've been thinking about getting the HTC Magic for a while. However, what really makes or breaks the decision is whether Android has an auto-fill function for web-forms or not. By this I am thinking of the same kind of functionality that you find in certain PC or Mac Internet browsers/plug-ins where you can save a "form template" that you use to fill in several other forms with the same fields in them as the original one (and the saved template).

Is this a standard functionality in the Android OS or is there any application out there that can give me this possibility?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Yes, it standard on the browser.

Great! How does this work? Do you save "profiles" and then choose to apply them to forms? Any other way?

Just to be sure: you're not talking about simple auto-fill for logins (ie username/password)? The form-filling I am talking about needs to be able to save templates for free text fields, adress fields, pop-down menus etc.

Upvote 0
Great! How does this work? Do you save "profiles" and then choose to apply them to forms? Any other way?

Just to be sure: you're not talking about simple auto-fill for logins (ie username/password)? The form-filling I am talking about needs to be able to save templates for free text fields, adress fields, pop-down menus etc.

Yeah, thats what I was talking about, sorry. I dont think it can do that, atleast not standard, there might be an app like that.

Upvote 0
Hi!

I've been thinking about getting the HTC Magic for a while. However, what really makes or breaks the decision is whether Android has an auto-fill function for web-forms or not. By this I am thinking of the same kind of functionality that you find in certain PC or Mac Internet browsers/plug-ins where you can save a "form template" that you use to fill in several other forms with the same fields in them as the original one (and the saved template).

Is this a standard functionality in the Android OS or is there any application out there that can give me this possibility?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Did you ever get an answer to this? I want to be able to autofill like the google toolbar does. It should recognize first and last name fields, email fields, address fields, phone number fields, etc. Have you found anything that can do that?

I'm a software engineer and I just got a Droid. I downloaded the Android SDK, and have been looking for an idea for an Android app I could develop. Unless you found a really good solution, this might be my next project.

Upvote 0
Did you ever get an answer to this? I want to be able to autofill like the google toolbar does. It should recognize first and last name fields, email fields, address fields, phone number fields, etc. Have you found anything that can do that?

I'm a software engineer and I just got a Droid. I downloaded the Android SDK, and have been looking for an idea for an Android app I could develop. Unless you found a really good solution, this might be my next project.

No I never found anything for Android that could provide such a thing. However, I didn't really look around that much after receiving the above answers, since I went with the iPhone instead (and no - the iPhone doesn't have this functionality either unfortunately).
It would be really cool if you found anything that does this during your research for a new app. If you don't find anything, then I think its a super idea to develop it - I am guessing more people would lika this since its such a common feature on desktop web browsers.

Good luck! Please let me know how it all evolves!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones