• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does any APK automatically fit on the phone's resolution?

yuff

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
Hi! I am new here and I decided to join the forums since I am planning to buy (hopefully) my first Android phone. Straight to my question, does a downloaded .apk file automatically fit the resolution of a phone once installed? Because I see a lot of .apk file available for free download (you know what I am talking about) yet I the resolution of the app is not indicated.

Yes. This is the most basic limitation of lower end phones. Also, HD games require a capable GPU, so even if the resolution of a phone fits, if the GPU is too weak, it will lag, or will not install.

But I see some videos that play HD games on phones with a resolution lower than WVGA? Like the new Xperia Mini Pro, its resolution is 320x480 but with the same CPU and GPU with the Arc and Neo.

Upvote 0
But I see some videos that play HD games on phones with a resolution lower than WVGA? Like the new Xperia Mini Pro, its resolution is 320x480 but with the same CPU and GPU with the Arc and Neo.

What HD game is that? Are you even sure that its an HD game? NFS shift is an HD game and it cant run on an Xperia mini pro.

Upvote 0
NFS Shift, Dead Space, N.O.V.A., Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and even Samurai Vengeance II and others more. They run quite smoothly on the device. You may search it on YouTube to see it for yourself.

Just checked. The Mini Pro has the same GPU as the Xperia play. Probably thats why its able to play HD games.

I was mistakenly thinking of X8. The GPU was probably able to compensate for the resolution issues, and the game's newer update allows to downgrade the display to the pixel content of the X10.

But that doesnt mean that ALL HD apps and contents will play on an Xperia Mini Pro.

Upvote 0
Just checked. The Mini Pro has the same GPU as the Xperia play. Probably thats why its able to play HD games.

I was mistakenly thinking of X8. The GPU was probably able to compensate for the resolution issues, and the game's newer update allows to downgrade the display to the pixel content of the X10.

But that doesnt mean that ALL HD apps and contents will play on an Xperia Mini Pro.

No, not the X10 Mini pro. I'm talking about the newer Xperia Mini Pro.

Upvote 0
Remember, with the market you have 15 minutes to try an app and see if it runs on the phone. If not simply refund it (I understand for games that require an after install download this may not be possible however)

I don't have an Android Phone yet so I don't know that is possible. But I'm not planning on solely downloading apps and games from the Market, the web has lots of "free" apps that are not supposed to be free if you know what I'm talking about. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones