1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Does anybody use Rom Manager on their V?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by puffer, Jun 20, 2011.

1. puffer

puffer Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    What do you think of it? Is it really as simple as paying for the program and i have access to a bunch of roms that i can put on my phone from inside the app?

Advertisement

2. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Not recomended at this time. There is only one ROM on it compatible with the Optimus V, and there have been a bunch of people go thru major pains to unbrick their phones after using it to flash the wrong version of clockworkmod.

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER AT THIS TIME!

3. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    As long as you already have clockworkmod installed it works fine :) I use it but the above post is right, there's only even one optimus v compatible rom so *may* not be worth it

4. Marialle

Marialle Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    I have it installed (the free version) and I never really needed to use it. I just put the zip files of CM7 on the SD card and flashed that way. It also keeps saying I don't have clockworkmod when I do. :/ So it's pretty much pointless since it won't let me do anything.

5. puffer

puffer Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    I currently just use it for back ups. I want to put CM7 on my V but I am clueless to what i really need to do or where i find the correct zip. none that i have tried have worked for me. i simple put it on my SD then in ClockW Recovery i trying uploading Zip and nothing. Is CM7 on the V as good as people make it seem to be? Reguardless i want it :)

6. Marialle

Marialle Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread) - xda-developers

Link to aospCM7 for the V. If you look through the last pages of the thread, one of the users probably has a link to the zip of the rom. That's how I got it on my phone. You also have to install the Google apps file from the first post the same way. You'll need to wipe data through clockworkmod before flashing. Then just put both files on your SD card without unzipping and install them through recovery.
    Hope that made sense, I'm typing this on my phone's browser and it's kinda hard to read. But this just shows you that rom manager isn't necessary at all, at least for me. You don't even need it for backups.

7. 0saka

0saka Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2010
    I wouldn't bother with it for now. The only thing it's useful for is making a backup of your current install. I just got an Optimus V over the weekend, and foolishly paid the $6 for ROM Manager Premium, only to find it did not offer alternate recovery (the CWM it installed refuses to install any compatible ROM for some reason, and it won't let me flash another recovery), the "Advanced Options" do not show up anywhere, and most importantly- it shows NO available ROMS for me, only gapps and 'extras'- no ROMS. I've already emailed the developer. I should have checked here before buying, but live and learn, right?

Tags: