• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does anybody use Rom Manager on their V?

I currently just use it for back ups. I want to put CM7 on my V but I am clueless to what i really need to do or where i find the correct zip. none that i have tried have worked for me. i simple put it on my SD then in ClockW Recovery i trying uploading Zip and nothing. Is CM7 on the V as good as people make it seem to be? Reguardless i want it :)

Upvote 0
[ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread) - xda-developers

Link to aospCM7 for the V. If you look through the last pages of the thread, one of the users probably has a link to the zip of the rom. That's how I got it on my phone. You also have to install the Google apps file from the first post the same way. You'll need to wipe data through clockworkmod before flashing. Then just put both files on your SD card without unzipping and install them through recovery.
Hope that made sense, I'm typing this on my phone's browser and it's kinda hard to read. But this just shows you that rom manager isn't necessary at all, at least for me. You don't even need it for backups.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't bother with it for now. The only thing it's useful for is making a backup of your current install. I just got an Optimus V over the weekend, and foolishly paid the $6 for ROM Manager Premium, only to find it did not offer alternate recovery (the CWM it installed refuses to install any compatible ROM for some reason, and it won't let me flash another recovery), the "Advanced Options" do not show up anywhere, and most importantly- it shows NO available ROMS for me, only gapps and 'extras'- no ROMS. I've already emailed the developer. I should have checked here before buying, but live and learn, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones