1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone else here WRITE?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Chief, Nov 9, 2015.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

If so, what are your views on Createspace? Basically, it's Amazon (both digital and print on demand). The model seems solid enough, but I'm getting two children's books ready to go out and wanted more viewpoints. It's just not viable for me to hire a literary agent to shop the big publishing houses.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've got a friend who says he's a writer, had an ebook published on Kindle, Nook and Kobo. Paid about $2000 to a publishing agent, and sold precisely zero copies in two years. His day-job is same as me, school teacher, and he's not about to retire from that with profits from book sales.
    This is it....
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Eternity-Being-Global-Explorer-ebook/dp/B00CMJBOQ6

3. davoid

davoid Android Expert

That really doesn't sound right. You don't pay agents, they take a percentage of whatever they help you earn. Sounds like your friend was ripped off by a vanity publisher.

Dngrsone likes this.
  4. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

I am a writer who doesn't write... I know there are a bunch of folks who actually publish (and people who format books for a living) over at MobileRead forums who might have opinions and tips for you.

5. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

NaNoWriMo is about to begin. I am considering making a go of it this year.

davoid and psionandy like this.
  6. davoid

davoid Android Expert

me too!
    Do you have any kind of plan, or are you going to be 'pantsing' it?

I attempted NaNoWriMo two years ago without a plan, making it up as I went along. I came up with some good imagery and scenes, but ultimately I didn't know where the story was going and it kind of faltered as the possibilities expanded endlessly before me.

7. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Yeah, just winging it... I don't really expect to have a sellable novel out of it; not in the short-term, but I do need to get writing again, if only to get back into the groove on a decade-long project that stalled.,